Windows 10: DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

Discus and support DISM fails when /Image: switch used ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day all !Looks like a bug ?????I have a non working VMware VM virtual machine.I loaded Windows 21H2 on a 2nd VM and set it to see the 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by buggarSnot, Feb 18, 2022.

1. DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

Good day all !Looks like a bug ?????I have a non working VMware VM virtual machine.I loaded Windows 21H2 on a 2nd VM and set it to see the 1st non-working VM hard drive as E:\I then runDISM fails when       /Image:       switch used ... :DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI get:Error: 605An error occurred accessing the temporary folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\B4D55BBB-E86F-4B51-AF5F-C94DBDD0DC70. Ensure that the path to the temporary folder exists and that you have Read/Write permissions on the folder.... then I runDISM fails when       /Image:       switch used ... :DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI get:Error: 605 An error occurred accessing

:)

buggarSnot, Feb 18, 2022

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 18, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

DISM fails when       /Image:       switch used ... [​IMG]

topgundcp, Feb 18, 2022
  4. Xercaium Win User

DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 gives corrupt files. Dism seems useless in Windows 10 or in it's current build. I've tried all suggested steps and doing a clean install as a last resort and still get Error: 0x800f081f.

So if the official ISO and upgrade from Microsoft is corrupted, how would someone fix this issue? The reason for me using Dism was because I was getting errors using Windows image backup and powershell giving errors, not sure if there's any other issues.

Xercaium, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

1. DISM fails when /Image: switch used ... - Similar Threads - DISM fails Image

2. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  3. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using DISM with a downloaded image: I'm trying to repair a windows 10 installation that is unstable even in safe mode.Within the recovery environment sfc reports errorsdism / online failsso I'm trying to use DISM with a downloaded image on a USB drive.wmic logicaldisk get name shows the USB drive as drive E:...
  4. Using DISM with a downloaded image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...: Good day all !Looks like a bug ?????I have a non working VMware VM virtual machine.I loaded Windows 21H2 on a 2nd VM and set it to see the 1st non-working VM hard drive as E:\I then run:DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI get:Error: 605An error occurred accessing...
  6. DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...

DISM fails when /Image: switch used ...: Good day all !Looks like a bug ?????I have a non working VMware VM virtual machine.I loaded Windows 21H2 on a 2nd VM and set it to see the 1st non-working VM hard drive as E:\I then run:DISM /Image:E:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthI get:Error: 605An error occurred accessing...
  7. Access Denied when using DISM to apply image

Access Denied when using DISM to apply image: I am trying to migrate to a larger M.2 Drive in my Dell Laptop. I created a 64Bit WinPE USB drive, booted to that drive, used DISM to capture WIM files of the smaller M.2 drive. I then swapped out the M.2 Drive, booted to the USB drive, Created the partitions, tried to...
  8. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails: I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors 2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS...
  9. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image: I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But after running 82.9% Dism is failing with the error that source file could not be found.I first kept install.wim in root...
  10. Using DISM to restore offline image

Using DISM to restore offline image: Hi Microsoft, My windows 10 bootloader is corrupted. I receive errors 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000098 while booting. I have found different methods on internet to fix it but none of it seemed to work. I was trying to repair my image using dism.exe but the problem i am facing...