Windows 10: DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10

Discus and support DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will attempt to resolve the issue of NTFS compression in WinPE 10 using all available disk space on your Windows computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10

WinClub, Jan 18, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10 NTFSCompressEventLog.png

DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10 NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

3. Agi73 Win User
    NTFS compression

I bought ASUS E200H: Win 10 Home; 32GB of SSD (the operating system occupies around 20GB, so only around 10GB is left for me).

After installing all the programs that I need, I had around 1GB of free space.

I was advised to perform the NTFS compression on the whole C:.

So I checked the NTFS compression fir C:, and it started to run.

As it ran, I noticed that the Windows Manager says that there is less and less free space.

When it was around 200MB, i decided to stop the process, and unchecked the compression.

The process started running again, and the free space continued decreasing, and soon reached 0 bytes.

So the question is, what should I do now?..

Should I let the compression run to the end? Or keep it decompressed - but in this case how can I regain the free space that I had before running int this procedure?.. Or possibly compress only some folders - which yes and which no?..

Thanks in advance.

Agi73, Jan 18, 2020
  4. DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10

Add packages to WinPE version 10.0.15063.0

I am unable to add any packages to my WinPE wim file using DISM.

I consistently get the following error:

Error: 0x800f081e

The specified package is not applicable to this image

Does anyone have any suggestions or workarounds?

kellyb914DV, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10

1. DISM fails with error 112 when NTFS compression is enabled WinPE 10 - Similar Threads - DISM fails error

2. Hyper-V DISM Error 112 There is not enough space on the Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V DISM Error 112 There is not enough space on the Disk: Hello all,I've tried looking around the forum for resolving this issue but am coming up short. I have a Hyper-V Instance of Windows 11 Pro Unactivated that I've prepared and sysprepped for mass deployment.I load the winPE environment into the CD/DVD slot of the Hyper-V and...
  3. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112: Why am I always getting error 112 in DISM when trying to run capture-ffu? I am sure the drive I am trying to capture is smaller than the drive I am trying to save the file to....
  4. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112: Why am I always getting error 112 in DISM when trying to run capture-ffu? I am sure the drive I am trying to capture is smaller than the drive I am trying to save the file to....
  5. DISM /capture-ffu getting error 112

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup: Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked before without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. Error 267 - "Unable to access the image. Make sure that the...
  7. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup: Hello, I'm trying create a new image and I'm having issues running basic DISM commands following MS documentation. This same documentation has worked before without issue. Not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong. Error 267 - "Unable to access the image. Make sure that the...
  8. DISM error 267 when trying to add drivers to WinPE setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 NTFS Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 NTFS Compression: Hi, I have a single file which is 1.6Tb terabites in size. I've click the properties and in advanced attributes I ticked "compress contents to save disk space" then suddenly hang/freeze. I decided to cancel and restart my pc. After rebooting I noticed that the file has now a...
  10. Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows How to Enable or Disable NTFS File Compression in Windows Windows supports compression for individual files and folders on NTFS volumes using NTFS compression. While NTFS file system compression can save disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winpe cleanup image compression is disabled for this volume error