Windows 10: DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull

Discus and support DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I have tried researching this issue here in the forums, but can't seem to find it. I was wondering if anyone else has ran into the issue once you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jchambers777, Jan 23, 2020.

1. DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull

Hi I have tried researching this issue here in the forums, but can't seem to find it.

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into the issue once you have sysprep the machine and ready to capture the image you run the capture command it comes back stating: "operation completed successfully" with a 100% within 3 to 4 seconds. This is for a windows 10 v1909

I go to look for the file when booting up in windows, but of course it is not there. I know that's way to fast to capture an image especially when it's around 8 to 11 gigs.

I am just hoping someone else has had that experience and could let me know what you did to correct the issue

Thanks in advance

:)

jchambers777, Jan 23, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 23, 2020
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 23, 2020
  4. DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull

1. DISM finishes after 3 seconds and says operation completed successfull - Similar Threads - DISM finishes seconds

2. DISM restore health not completed ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  3. DISM restore health not completed ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM restore health not completed ...: My laptop keep getting blue screen and I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to fix itand it does not complete 100%.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-restore-health-not-completed/8d7e9633-8f87-49f9-a5af-36407ea473de
  4. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull: i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded .After 20 percent, it says successfully...But the space is not reduced. I have tried sfc /scannow and restore health...But...
  5. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull: i am trying to do windows cleanup and i am using Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup or Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded .After 20 percent, it says successfully...But the space is not reduced. I have tried sfc /scannow and restore health...But...
  6. disk clean up fails at 20 %, but says successfull

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DISM is showing at 84.9% "The operation completed successfuly"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM is showing at 84.9% "The operation completed successfuly": Can someone tell if this is a big problem. I Formatted my PC and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 just because I had this problem and it is still there. When I run the CMD command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth at 84.9% it says: "The operation completed...
  8. When attempting to extend an active partition, it says 'could not complete operation, no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When attempting to extend an active partition, it says 'could not complete operation, no...: I am trying to migrate my windows os onto a different ssd, and have successfully gotten the os cloned onto my new drive. However, the cloning software has made a partition that is identical in size to my previous os, despite my new drive having close to 400 gb of free...
  9. SFC and DISM do not finish - what next?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC and DISM do not finish - what next?: I had an Disk error-checking scan issue with my C: drive. I resolved that. I tried running SFC and DISM to fix issues but they do not finish. What should I try next? SFC stops at 26% and says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. (I...
  10. Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds: I have an annoying delay on the use of my computer since upgrading to Windows 10. The most obvious place is when using the file explorer. I get a 2 to 3 second delay on most operations. These would include: dragging a file into a folder, renaming a file, naming a new folder,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism finish very fast

2. dism completed successfully very fast

3. startcomponentcleanup reaches 20 percent and indicates operation completed successfully