Windows 10: Dism is unable to repair system files

Discus and support Dism is unable to repair system files in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Kodlix mini computer with Windows 10 Pro purchased in mid February of 2019. It came with version 1803 installed. A few days after it arrived,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Garyw, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Garyw Win User

Dism is unable to repair system files

I have a Kodlix mini computer with Windows 10 Pro purchased in mid February of 2019. It came with version 1803 installed. A few days after it arrived, Windows update installed version 1809. I recently noticed that the March and April cumulative updates failed to install, although everything else installed ok. See screen capture:

*Name: Dism Log of attempted repair using 1809 Mounted ISO.txt Views: 2 Size: 30.6 KBDism Log of attempted repair using 1809 Mounted ISO.txt

I down loaded and tried to manually install the update with these results:

Dism is unable to repair system files [​IMG]

I’m trying to fix this instead of reinstalling, hoping I will learn something in the process.

Thanks in advance for any help solving this.
    Gary

:)

Garyw, Apr 12, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

Nothing wrong with using install.esd

@EasyGoingPat
    FYI, install.esd or install.wim both result the extraction of the component store files to temp folder (%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\local\temp) then use them to repair.

1. Copy install.esd to your Desktop
    2. From Admin command, run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    3. then run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess
    For Step 2 & 3. Just copy and paste the command to make sure the syntax is correct. See screen shot:
    NOTE: Step 2 in the screen shot will be different from yours since I have no corruption.

Dism is unable to repair system files [​IMG]

topgundcp, Apr 12, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Apr 12, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Dism is unable to repair system files - Similar Threads - Dism unable repair

2. Unable to repair my system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to repair my system: When I right click on Start, this is what pops up:C:\Users\ecaro\AppData\Local\MicrosoftWindowApps\wt.exe cannot be accessed by the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-repair-my-system/4d62ebdf-70db-47b3-8a54-5dadbdb6700d
  3. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  4. Unable to repair Windows using dism.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to repair Windows using dism.: In general, the thing is, I decided one day to check the integrity of Windows, first I ran "sfc /scannow", he wrote that everything is in order, but when I run "dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth", he writes "The component store is repairable.", I decided to fix it by...
  5. I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...: Hi,I am trying to repair my system files, but SFC was unable to, so I tried DISM.DISM showed an error: 0x800f081f, the source files could not be found. I tried doing some research, and could not find a solution.Could someone help me out?Thanks...
  6. I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...

I'm trying to repair corrupted system files, but DISM shows the source files could not be...: Hi,I am trying to repair my system files, but SFC was unable to, so I tried DISM.DISM showed an error: 0x800f081f, the source files could not be found. I tried doing some research, and could not find a solution.Could someone help me out?Thanks...
  7. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  8. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files not repaired by DISM: Hi,I have used DISM to check health of my system, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎02-‎Sep-‎20 OS build 19043.1288 It reports some files corrupt but can be repaired, scannow reports the same. But attempts to use DISM to repair files fails using either online repair...
  9. Corrupt files not repaired by DISM

10. DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files: Hi Team Ten! I have been having random blue screens, generally around memory_management. I ran memtest86 (not plus) for multiple passes, which first gave errors. Then running individual sticks in multiple slots it had no errors.I haven't run Prime95 yet, but will shortly....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with compressed files in windows dism