Windows 10: DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim

Discus and support DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; While trying to reconstruct missing files after a corrupted HDD copied over to a new HDD, DSIM command succeeds with several "components" unavailable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Myrooni, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Myrooni Win User

DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim

While trying to reconstruct missing files after a corrupted HDD copied over to a new HDD, DSIM command succeeds with several "components" unavailable on the mounted install.wim:1 (Win 10/Pro). How can I relate the following to specific features? Everything else succeeds, and I am using the downloaded .iso from microsoft, on a former Win/8.1 Pro autoupdated to Win/10 Pro):

2016-10-23 00:25:11, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=7684 Error in operation: source for package or file not found, ResolveSource() unsuccessful. (CBS HRESULT=0x800f081f) - CCbsConUIHandler::Error
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 The source files could not be found; their location must be specified using the /source option to restore the feature. - GetCbsErrorMsg
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager::RestoreHealth(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 The source files could not be found; their location must be specified using the /source option to restore the feature. - GetCbsErrorMsg
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 Failed to restore the image health. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler:DISM log:  how would I find the features missing in Install.wim :processCmdLine_CleanupImage(hr:0x800f081f)
    2016-10-23 00:25:11, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=6696 TID=9244 Failed while processing command cleanup-image. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x800f081f)

:)

Myrooni, Oct 22, 2016
  2. DennisCPA Win User

SFC error UNIDRVUI.DLL Version = 10.0.10240.16384 Hash Mismatch after Windows 10 updates 11/10 thru 11/11/2015

Thanks for your time and knowledge!!

I ran this command in an elevated Command Prompt window:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMDISM log:  how would I find the features missing in Install.wim :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMDISM log:  how would I find the features missing in Install.wim :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I did find and looked at dism.log but I have no idea what is relevant.

Any thoughts?

DennisCPA, Oct 22, 2016
  3. Task Manager

Task manager started working without doing anything. I did run the SFC and error came up " source file can not be find." Then I ran the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1
    /LimitAccess. I replaced the X with a c. It came up with source file cannot be find. It also said The DISM log cabe find at C:\windows\logs\DISM\dism.log.

Now what do I do?

JeffCooke64, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim

1. DISM log: how would I find the features missing in Install.wim - Similar Threads - DISM log find

2. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  3. How to mount wim file with DISM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to mount wim file with DISM?: I am trying to mount a wim file to customize the windows 11 installation. I downloaded the Windows 11 Media creation tool and created a usb key with it. I noticed the usb key had 2 swm files. I don't know if you can mount 2 swm files. I would prefer to mount 2 swm files...
  4. Data WIM using DISM

Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  5. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  6. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Dism adding drivers/updates to Wim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism adding drivers/updates to Wim: I read about adding drivers to a wim and updates. Does adding a driver replace an existing driver in the wim or does it just put it in the driver folder and you have it as an option later to choose? IE: hp driver for touchpad version 1, and you want to add/replace it with...
  8. Dism adding drivers/updates to Wim

Dism adding drivers/updates to Wim: I read about adding drivers to a wim and updates. Does adding a driver replace an existing driver in the wim or does it just put it in the driver folder and you have it as an option later to choose? IE: hp driver for touchpad version 1, and you want to add/replace it with...
  9. Dism adding drivers/updates to Wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Dism Log

Dism Log: I can delete dism log file in windows 10 before. Why i can't delete dism log file in windows 11 and it says file in use. Is it safe to end dism process in resource monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-log/736cd4d8-4e8c-4383-bfce-fd87e9f24bcb