Windows 10: Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content

Discus and support Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having the same problem that author of this post... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content

Hello, I'm having the same problem that author of this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...p-winsxs/4876c1b6-0257-4d8e-b2ca-58165cb1e900

I tried these commands:

REM previous versions of updated components will be immediately deleted

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

REM removes all superseded versions of every component in the component store.

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

REM remove any backup components needed for uninstallation of the service pack

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /SPSuperseded

But I get a output like original post:

Version de l’image : 10.0.10586.0

[=========== 20.0% ]
    L’opération a réussi.

Can I delete manually all the content inside folder WinSxS? The clean tool is not working.

I also would like to clean C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local folder because it fills with high data and I read that is not advisable to move that folder. When I was importing photoshop textures 1,4GB, I don't know what was doing photoshop in that folder but ate 50GB space that let me near without disk space. I have scripts to clean that folder but I get access denied:

cd C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\

del * /S /Q

rmdir /S /Q "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\"

Regards and thanks.

:)

Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

How can I stop my PC from booting up Windows?

You can safely delete the contents in..

C:\Windows\Temp
    C:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp or C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download (safe to delete the whole folder) (files are needed if you ever want to uninstall a Windows update)

I'm sure others can add to the list.

Lazzer408, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

Hello

I'd like to change C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local to another folder (C:\Users\\AppData\Local). How do I proceed?

MadCrazyEagle, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content

Changing C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local to another folder

I changed my old username to . Now I want programs to use C:\Users\\AppData\Local instead of C:\Users\(myoldusername)\AppData\Local

MadCrazyEagle, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content

1. Dism not cleaning up WinSxS and help to delete C:\Users\Pablo\AppData\Local content - Similar Threads - Dism cleaning WinSxS

2. Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?: I was looking through Treesize for some large folders that I didn't need, and stumbled across this one.Can you delete it? If so, can I delete it through Treesize or do I need to use another method?...
  3. Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?: I was looking through Treesize for some large folders that I didn't need, and stumbled across this one.Can you delete it? If so, can I delete it through Treesize or do I need to use another method?...
  4. Can you delete C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingDeletes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Clean Winsxs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Winsxs: My previous update is on May 4th. I updated Windows update on May 15th. Is after analyze component store recommended yes to start component cleanup on June 3rd? I want to get May 4th update removed. May 4th to June 3rd is 30 days but I updated on May 15th. I hope after...
  6. Clean Winsxs

Clean Winsxs: My previous update is on May 4th. I updated Windows update on May 15th. Is after analyze component store recommended yes to start component cleanup on June 3rd? I want to get May 4th update removed. May 4th to June 3rd is 30 days but I updated on May 15th. I hope after...
  7. DISM WinSxS cleanup problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM WinSxS cleanup problem: Hi there, i tried using the startcomponentcleanup command but it stopped at 99% and wouldnt move for a while, then i closed the command promt window and tried it again but that time it didnt even display a progress bar. I tried closing my pc to see if it needed a restart...
  8. Dism not cleaning up WinSxS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dism not cleaning up WinSxS: Hello, I'm having the same problem that author of this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-not-cleaning-up-winsxs/4876c1b6-0257-4d8e-b2ca-58165cb1e900 I tried these commands: REM previous versions of updated components will be immediately...
  9. Dism not cleaning up WinSxS

Dism not cleaning up WinSxS: Hello My WinSxS folder is currently ~6GB big, so I tried using "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" (and variants) to clean it up. The "problem" is that Dism doesn't actually clean up WinSxS, but says it did: when I start the command (in admin mode on...
  10. Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10: How to: Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10 How to Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10 One commonly asked question is can I delete the WinSxS folder to regain some disk space? The short answer is no. However, there are ways to...