Windows 10: DISM not working and sfc - WRP found corrupt files but could not fix them - Help

Discus and support DISM not working and sfc - WRP found corrupt files but could not fix them - Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a lot of problems with my PC and haven't been able to fix them. A lot of programs i.e. Windows store or Origin do not recognise that my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Niko.G, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Niko.G Win User

DISM not working and sfc - WRP found corrupt files but could not fix them - Help

Hi, I've had a lot of problems with my PC and haven't been able to fix them. A lot of programs i.e. Windows store or Origin do not recognise that my PC is connected to the internet and despite being connected and using it (as I am currently while writing this) in the bottom right of the screen it has the "Not connected - No connections available" sign. I user an ethernet to connect to my router and do not have a wifi card.
    I read that I should scan for corrupted files so I used "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and got 0x800f0906. I tried running sfc anyway and it said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."

Inside the log there are a lot of errors but I'm not totally sure what to make of any of it. There's lots of "[DIRSD OWNER WARNING]" and "Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory".

If there's any way I could attach the log on my PC so somebody could take a look at it that'd be fantastic. I've been unable to use the windows store or install origin and it's been driving me crazy. I do have a windows 10 usb incase that's needed, as I installed Windows 10 myself. Initially it didn't install correctly, I can't remember what I did but I used the usb to fix it. It had not installed the Windows .net framework to my PC which caused issues with running certain programs. Perhaps other things went wrong, I don't know.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Many thanks,

Niko.

:)

Niko.G, Feb 10, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Feb 10, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

you need to run DISM first before running SFC
    SFC query's the local component stores to make repairs
    DISM is targeted for rebuilding the component stores and a offline image the 'live' section is still handled by SFC in some cases
    except on windows 8.1 and up because they changed it
    but only for certain files and only if x part of the store is corrupt
    so yea pretty confusing eh

OneMoar, Feb 10, 2019
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM not working and sfc - WRP found corrupt files but could not fix them - Help

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

1. DISM not working and sfc - WRP found corrupt files but could not fix them - Help - Similar Threads - DISM working sfc

2. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: Hello everyone,Recently, my windows 10 custom machine started to take too long to load windows after the initial sign in. After doing some searching, I came across a comment that suggested to run some commands on CMD. I did and I "SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  3. sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them: I have never seen this before always either said they were ok or fixed the files but now i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-found-corrupt-files-but-could-repoair-all-of/e8c9414f-89ac-41ed-a643-c30186067ee0
  4. sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them: I have never seen this before always either said they were ok or fixed the files but now i get this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-found-corrupt-files-but-could-repoair-all-of/e8c9414f-89ac-41ed-a643-c30186067ee0
  5. sfc found corrupt files but could repoair all of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them: Hey guys I tried the sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but could not repair them also my situation is Whenever I try to turn my laptop on normally it blue screens and says "Critical service failed" and sometime is mentions something about trail.txt or something like...
  7. DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Custom build for a friend. OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit MB: MSI Z170-A Pro Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680 CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz RAM: 8g Installed OS through bootable USB, as the build has no CD drive. On completion of build I had some driver issues which were...
  8. sfc - corrupted files but could not fix them.

sfc - corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hi, This is a fresh install of Windows 10 and when i run sfc/scan now i get the message that there is corrupt files. Ive done a reset and a in Place upgrade both which failed to fix the problems. I've ran some commands in command promt, can't remember the one, but one...
  9. sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.

sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them.: Hello. For quite a while, my computer had slow boot up and shutdown times and I searched online that sfc /scannow could probably help. I've tried every method regarding sfc /scannow and nothing worked. I've also included a CBS Log file to help me (the file size is 1mb too...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...