Windows 10: DISM not working

Discus and support DISM not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried using dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and it dosn't work, PLEASE HELP! Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LordAinz, Nov 25, 2020.

1. LordAinz Win User

DISM not working

I've tried using dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and it dosn't work, PLEASE HELP!

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.18362.1​

Error: 2​

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\.

For more information, review the log file.

I've also tried Sfc /scannow and It can't detect any Integrity Violation

:)

LordAinz, Nov 25, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Nov 25, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 25, 2020
  4. DISM not working

How to get damn DISM to work?

I see its giving you trouble.
    I too couldnt get the esd source command to work, thats why i suggest you go the "install.wim" route.

You posted that your downloading a iso, hopefully you try the wim method.

Best of luck

P.S.
    if you decide to go with the "install.wim" method i recommended, this command worked just a moment ago for me, and hopefully it will for you too...

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:X:\sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
    im sure you know, but be certain to replace "X" with Your mounted drive letter.

jboydgolfer, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

DISM not working

1. DISM not working - Similar Threads - DISM working

2. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  3. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  4. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt windows computer dism command not working: Hello. my computer is having problems and i have no access to my desktop because my computer keeps crashing over and over. i tried entering the /dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it says dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option....
  5. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

Corrupt windows computer dism command not working: Hello. my computer is having problems and i have no access to my desktop because my computer keeps crashing over and over. i tried entering the /dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it says dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option....
  6. Corrupt windows computer dism command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  8. SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC scan error and DISM stuck at 62.3% and then giving error later. Internet not working...: DISM and SFC scans are returning this error along with other issues occuring like net not being accessed correctly by all apps and windows update service maybe being faulty.I have tried everything to resolve it but "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" gets stuck at...
  9. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....
  10. excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    excess to the DISM to repair windows 10 i followed the instructions but its not working and...: I need help my hp cannot find the DISM logs to fix problems I'm having with windows 10 I followed the instructions and it's not available it said to find in C drive but there it's been uninstalled. My computer isn't running correctly and i need help....