Windows 10: DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath

Discus and support DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! The problem is that DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath is stuck on 13.2%. It's been like this for a while and won't move. Can somebody help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jo_1922, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jo_1922 Win User

DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath

Hey!
    The problem is that DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath is stuck on 13.2%. It's been like this for a while and won't move. Can somebody help me with that?

:)

Jo_1922, Nov 24, 2020

2. Manual installation of windows update - DISM fails

Hi!

Thanks for the reply! I tried using the commands you suggested. This is the command I tried to use:

dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"E:\driver_updates\" /limitaccess

I get a "The limitaccess option is not recognized in this context". I also tried using source:WIMDISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath :path instead of packagepath. But I get the same error with the source option.

Thanks!

FranciscoFun, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Manual installation of windows update - DISM fails

"file.cab" is not a path

You need to list the entire packagepath (ie) C:\test\file.cab

Also you are using "online". If you want to point to a local package you need to use limit access (ie)

DISM /Online / add package/source:WIM:C:\Sources\file.cab.1 /LimitAccess

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 24, 2020
  4. DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath

Simplifying updates for Windows 7 and 8.1

0x8007000E is fixed by KB3102810! 229 important and 9 optionals updates found in under 5 minutes!

DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath Yes_Baby.jpg

Going to try putting that into the slipstream as well and if it works, all should be...as it should be. That said, that's a lot of updates post-rollup. I wonder if they aren't installed but they're already available.

Edit: Can't edit the post with the instructions so here is an updated instruction list. Note that these are for x86. The DISM commands need to be adjusted for other platforms:
    • Download Windows 7 Professional SP1 (SP1 is very, very important because there's no way to offline update gold to SP1).
    • Mount the ISO and extract it somewhere.
    • Create a folder "C:\test"
    • Copy "\sources\install.wim" from the mounted ISO and place it in "C:\test"
    • Download KB3020369 and place the MSU in "C:\test"
    • Download KB3102810 and place the MSU in "C:\test"
    • Download KB3125574 and place the MSU in "C:\test" but NOTE, this step requires Internet Explorer (tested with 11) running from an administrator account. You can't use a limited user account and log in when prompted. It will do nothing if you do.
    • Create the folder "C:\test\offline"
    • Start the Command Prompt as administrator.
    • The next 4 steps are ran in the command prompt. Mount install.wim:
    • Apply the PackageManager patch, the Windows Update patch, and then begin applying the rollup. Note: this will fail at 33.3%!
    • Apply the rollup again so it goes through 100%:
    • Save the mounted image back into your install.wim:

FordGT90Concept, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath

1. DISM /Online /Add-package /packagepath - Similar Threads - DISM Online Add

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  3. DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState option unknown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM /Online /Get-ReservedStorageState option unknown: I am following a tutorial here Enable or Disable Reserved Storage in Windows 10 in the option one section they mention Code: DISM /online /Get-ReservedStorageState However this option when I execute it says Code: Error: 87 The get-reservedstoragestate option is unknown....
  4. DISM and Online check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM and Online check: Hello, What does 'Online' in the below instruction? DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth Does this mean that we should be connected to the internet? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-and-online-check/c6dd3f76-8887-4090-897f-021db0bc0d06
  5. dism always returns an error when changing system packages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism always returns an error when changing system packages: I am trying to repair a system in order to get updates working. I am working with a copy of the vhdx, so I am free to experiment..... dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth says all is fine. Summary: Operation: Detect only Operation result: 0x0 Last Successful Step:...
  6. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails: I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors 2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS...
  7. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  8. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972
  9. DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image)

DISM lacking Package Manager commands (Cleanup-image): Hello everyone, I seem to have some serious problems with my Windows 10 Build 10.0.10586.113. These started after trying to take Ownership of C:/ (where I installed Windows). I tried this because on several occasions trying to move/copy files in different directories I...
  10. Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install

Add OEM Provisioning Package to clean install: I have the following OEM customization and provisioning package on my C: drive: [img] Where would I copy these files to the standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive to have them applied during a clean install of Windows 10? My current install is a clean...