Windows 10: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f

Discus and support DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Was trying to update windows 10 manually and it failed with this error : `Windows 10 Insider Preview 18950.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DmitriyZhernoviy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f

Hi,

Was trying to update windows 10 manually and it failed with this error : `Windows 10 Insider Preview 18950.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x800f0900`

. I checked sfc /scannow and it tells me it found some corruption etc but it could not repair. I tried to run DISM commands to repair those failureds

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

DISM stuck at 94,4% then it just fails with the following error:

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

Tried to use an alternative source by creating an image with windows media creation tool

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:E:\sources\install.wim:10 /LimitAccess

Same Results: Error: 0x800f081f

:)

DmitriyZhernoviy, Sep 2, 2019

2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hello!

Error 0x800f081f

I did with parameter

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F: /LimitAccess (with new image downloaded)

and

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and always source file not found

What files I need to repair?

dism Logs download

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth error code 0x800f081f

Using Checkhealth, I got this message:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Repair-WindowsImage -Online -CheckHealth

Path :

Online : False

ImageHealthState : Repairable

RestartNeeded : False
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Using Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat

ion on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Following along on Technet, I downloaded the Windows 10 64 bit ISO file and tried again but it failed:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:[directory path entered here]\Win10_1607_English_x64.iso\install.wim:1

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more informat

ion on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

____________________________________________________________________________________

What am I doing wrong??

Michael7572, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth error code 0x800f081f

Hi Michael,

We're you having some problems with your computer thus the need to run the DISM tool? Have you tried creating an ISO file and using it instead? To troubleshoot the issue, please check out the answer of Stephen Plunkett from this link:

Windows 10 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Fails With 0x800f0906 Error Code (0x800f081f sometimes too)

To download Windows 10 and create a Media Creation tool, please go to this link:

Media Creation Tool.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f

1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Error: 0x800f081f - Similar Threads - DISM Online Cleanup

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...: Hello Everybody,I am not able to execute the commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthsmoothly to completion.Why am I running this command? Actually, the reason why I ran this command for the first time in my life was some other problem that I had faced in windows 10,...
  3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...: Hello Everybody,I am not able to execute the commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthsmoothly to completion.Why am I running this command? Actually, the reason why I ran this command for the first time in my life was some other problem that I had faced in windows 10,...
  4. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command error.: While i try the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on CMDadmin i get the following error:[===========================55.2% ] Error: 605 The specified buffer contains ill-formed data. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.logAlso i get this...
  6. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  7. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Every time I try to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth I get Error 0x80029c4a.I dont know how to fix this.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x80029c4a-at-dism-online-cleanup-image/8d8f32db-fc1e-4cab-b53b-25bdbdb401ec
  8. Error 0x80029c4a at DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

9. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth haver error 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth haver error 0x800f081f: Hi All, My server is using Windows server 2019 Datacenter and I cannot apply Windows Update. I tried to use the command as below to restore the image Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\sources\Install.wim:1 /limitaccess But I got the error message...
  10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [4:11 PM] Trumble Stephen DISM/Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ​[4:11 PM] Trumble Stephen sfc /scannow

2. DISM Driver Manager file not found oem2.inf CDriverManager::OpenPackageByFile

3. dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4. dism.exe system restorehealth cannot find the file specified,
  5. powershell checkhealth imagehealthstate : repairable,
  6. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth,
  7. dism 2019 restorehealth 0x800f081f,
  8. dism online windows 10 cleanup-image