Windows 10: Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

Discus and support Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnKRC, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JohnKRC Win User

Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

I tried Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth after Windows update locked up the boot

DISM failed. No operation was performed: dism.log errors

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15148 Error in operation: (null) (CBS HRESULT=0x80072ee6) - CCbsConUIHandler::Error

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15144 Failed finalizing changes. - CDISMPackageManager::Internal_Finalize(hr:0x80072ee6)

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15144 Failed processing package changes with session option CbsSessionOptionRepairStoreCorruption - CDISMPackageManager::RestoreHealth(hr:0x80072ee6)

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15144 Failed to restore the image health. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler:Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails :processCmdLine_CleanupImage(hr:0x80072ee6)

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Error DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15144 Failed while processing command cleanup-image. - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine(hr:0x80072ee6)

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=15128 TID=15144 Further logs for online package and feature related operations can be found at %WINDIR%\logs\CBS\cbs.log - CPackageManagerCLIHandler::ExecuteCmdLine

2019-01-11 18:44:25, Error DISM DISM.EXE: DISM Package Manager processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80072EE6

NB this is an Asus X750JB laptop with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134, originally bought as Windows 7, upgraded to 8, 8.1 then 10. Now with a SanDisk SDSSDA240G. As such, the boot sequence in the BIOS seems to be legacy rather than UEFI.

Any ideas how to fix this?

:)

JohnKRC, Jan 11, 2019

2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

You already have spaces in the command written.

In windows 10, CMD supports Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V so you can directly paste this.

FYI, the spaces are in between

• DISM and Online
    • Online and Cleanup-Image
    • Cleanup-Image and RestoreHealth
    Hope it helps.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 11, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Yes, I have the image mounted, the same bloody image I've used to install the OS I'm just using. This is absurd. I've tried this:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd /limitaccess
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

None of this crap works even though entire freaking internet is saying that this is the way to do it. Some even mention using quotas for the path which makes no difference (It doesn't need it anyway since there aren't any spaces anyway.

I just can't understand how can OS integrity check tool feature be dumber as years pass by instead of being smarter and more useful.

EDIT:
    Redownloading 4 gigs of stupid image because the one I have apparently isn't good enough. *sigh*

RejZoR, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails

1. Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth fails - Similar Threads - Dism Online Cleanup

2. not showing progress while running dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not showing progress while running dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth: while running dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth its not showing any progress please help me with that. It just shows this.[ATTACH]...
  3. Doesn't budge when I put in the DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Doesn't budge when I put in the DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command: Hi there, so my issue is that when I do this command, DISM doesn't seem to do anything at all. This is what happens, and it has been like that for thirty minutes. What can I do? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...: Dear Microsoft community, Last weekend was when I first experienced the Windows button not working on my Lenovo Legion y520, this seemed like a small issue to fix. The first thing I read was running a scan through sfc /scannow - it stopped at 4% and got error 87...
  5. sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.: Hi, the two commands above, when entered in my Admin. command prompt do not work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sfc-scannow-and-dismexe-online-cleanup-image/db3b24de-a261-403e-9d11-8141d13f7954
  6. dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown.": Hello I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine. I ran the command Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but get the error Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image...
  7. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972
  8. Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10

Why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work Windows 10: Simply, why doesn't Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth work in Windows 10? Is there a way to get this or a similar command to self repair your installation in Windows 10? [img] 30264
  9. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image: Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth I downloaded the...
  10. DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f

DISM RestoreHealth failing with Error: 0x800f081f: Hi, I'm trying to use DISM to repair a corrupt file and the command keeps failing with Code: Error: 0x800f081fThe source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information...