Windows 10: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found

Discus and support Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine, until a notification appeared, "Restart to fix disk errors", after doing that, boot failed and the error was :Automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shreyas S R, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found

My laptop was working fine, until a notification appeared, "Restart to fix disk errors", after doing that, boot failed and the error was :Automatic disk repair" failed. I then reloaded Windows using a bootable USB drive, created using the official tool. I activated Windows, but it was working terribly slow. I changed the virtual memory settings to custom 1.5X of RAM, and speed was better, but not as efficient as earlier.

But .exe files are not opening, trying to open Services gives the error "Stub received bad data", Windows button search wassn't working as well. On contacting help, I was advised to do sfc/ scannow and dism checkhealth. Sfc said all corrupted files could not be repaired, and dism reported a repairable error but when I inserted a bootable usb, it's telling me source not found inspite of entering the correct source: DISM /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth /Source:esd:F:\sources\install.esd:1. Search button issue was fixed, but still services and .exe files are not working.
    Thanks in advance!

:)

Shreyas S R, Apr 26, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Yes, I have the image mounted, the same bloody image I've used to install the OS I'm just using. This is absurd. I've tried this:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd /limitaccess
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

None of this crap works even though entire freaking internet is saying that this is the way to do it. Some even mention using quotas for the path which makes no difference (It doesn't need it anyway since there aren't any spaces anyway.

I just can't understand how can OS integrity check tool feature be dumber as years pass by instead of being smarter and more useful.

EDIT:
    Redownloading 4 gigs of stupid image because the one I have apparently isn't good enough. *sigh*

RejZoR, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Error in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth using ISO Disk Image as source (Windows 10)

Error in DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth using ISO Disk Image as source (Windows 10)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:I:\sources\install.esd

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.14393.0

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f0906

The source files could not be downloaded.

Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Full DISM log is
    here

This fix is needed to also do the part of the step needed in the other issue I have on the other thread:

Windows Store doesn't
    update apps. It's service "svchost.exe (netsvc)" is either doesn't downloading bytes, not responds, or unreliable and not using bandwidth full potential

IanStevenMancera, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found

Dmitriy Zemlyanskiy, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found

1. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd source not found - Similar Threads - Dism Online Cleanup

2. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  3. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f0906 The Source...: Hello Everyone,My name is Abhishek, and I found Error while Execution of below command and I used cmd prompt as Run as Admin.DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthFirst of all, I wanted to Execute the above command because , recently I got an Bluetooth Error in my Windows...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  6. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  7. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...: Hello Everybody,I am not able to execute the commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthsmoothly to completion.Why am I running this command? Actually, the reason why I ran this command for the first time in my life was some other problem that I had faced in windows 10,...
  8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...: Hello Everybody,I am not able to execute the commandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthsmoothly to completion.Why am I running this command? Actually, the reason why I ran this command for the first time in my life was some other problem that I had faced in windows 10,...
  9. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command says "Error: 0x800f081f ; The source...

10. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca