Windows 10: DISM Problems? Read This

Discus and support DISM Problems? Read This in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Gentlemen, Having problems using DISM in W-10? I did Then I discovered that dism.exe in system32 has 0 [zero] Kb. This is in two laptops with OEM W-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by recreaghmd, Feb 23, 2020.

1. DISM Problems? Read This

Gentlemen,
    Having problems using DISM in W-10?
    I did
    Then I discovered that dism.exe in system32 has 0 [zero] Kb.
    This is in two laptops with OEM W-10 ver 10.0.18363.657
    Yet, in one that was upgraded to W-10 from W-7, the file was present. Obviously with a file number for W-7.
    Cheers.

:)

recreaghmd, Feb 23, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Feb 23, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 23, 2020
  4. DISM Problems? Read This

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

DISM Problems? Read This

1. DISM Problems? Read This - Similar Threads - DISM Problems Read

2. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism problems, win10 reinstall problems: Hello,I had a lot of problems installing Visual Studio 2022After a long test with VS team they said that the problems are on Windows.Summarizing the tests I made:check disk : no errorsfc /scannow : no errorwindows defender scan : no virus, no malwareonly the dism.exe report...
  3. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism problems, win10 reinstall problems: Hello,I had a lot of problems installing Visual Studio 2022After a long test with VS team they said that the problems are on Windows.Summarizing the tests I made:check disk : no errorsfc /scannow : no errorwindows defender scan : no virus, no malwareonly the dism.exe report...
  4. dism problems, win10 reinstall problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem in dism.

Problem in dism.: In command prompt if I use dism /online /get-osuninstallwindow It always keeps on showing 10 days even though I used / value:30 too in which it says operation completed successfully but the uninstallwindow always shows 10 ....
  6. Having problems with the dism command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Having problems with the dism command: I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058) So I tried to search for the dism...
  7. Having problems with the dism command

in Windows 10 Support
    Having problems with the dism command: I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058) So I tried to search for the dism...
  8. Dism Problem

Dism Problem: I am starting a new thread because someone hijacked my thread on this: Dism problem "The source files could not be found"' I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them"...
  9. Problems with Response from DISM

Problems with Response from DISM: I have had repeated problems with my computer freezing/crashing. It’s a HP Pavilion 500-123ea, 8GB memory. sfc/scannow does not complete. Dism ‘CheckHealth’ is OK. I have referred to the tenforums tutorial 7808 on Dism repair (last title I had was ‘Repair Windows Update’)....
  10. How to read this.... dism

How to read this.... dism: Downloaded the iso file from MCT. (*** adding : the iso is for Windows 10 Home ) I'd like someone to educate me how to read this dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:F:\sources\install.esd /index:1 Question : What is......... Windows 10 S ? [img] Thank you. 95827