Windows 10: DISM process

Discus and support DISM process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran DISM toady. I was watching it work. It got to 60% and then skipped right to the end. It used to do that but around 80% and it hang there a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Madfang10, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Madfang10 Win User

DISM process

I ran DISM toady. I was watching it work. It got to 60% and then skipped right to the end. It used to do that but around 80% and it hang there a little bit.

I'm not sure that's normal behavior. Is the command executing normally?

:)

Madfang10, Jul 31, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 31, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 31, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM process

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

DISM process

1. DISM process - Similar Threads - DISM process

2. C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...: C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32cwindowslogsdismdismlog-the/e68a3797-3168-46eb-b74c-bfa1393f2b22
  3. C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file...: C:\Windows\System32>C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cwindowssystem32cwindowslogsdismdismlog-the/e68a3797-3168-46eb-b74c-bfa1393f2b22
  4. How to process DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to process DISM: How t process a DISM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-process-dism/dac8ce26-fb99-4855-9d59-8e485c429291
  5. How to process DISM

How to process DISM: How t process a DISM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-process-dism/dac8ce26-fb99-4855-9d59-8e485c429291
  6. DISM, /source, Where is the source files held on the computer after DISM.exe process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM, /source, Where is the source files held on the computer after DISM.exe process?: Windows 10 updates not installing. Have tried:1. Troubleshooter2. Open the Command Prompt as administrator. Then type sfc /scannow3. Open the Command Prompt as administrator. Then type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Then press Enter4. Restart Windows Update...
  7. DISM, /source, Where is the source files held on the computer after DISM.exe process?

DISM, /source, Where is the source files held on the computer after DISM.exe process?: Windows 10 updates not installing. Have tried:1. Troubleshooter2. Open the Command Prompt as administrator. Then type sfc /scannow3. Open the Command Prompt as administrator. Then type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Then press Enter4. Restart Windows Update...
  8. DISM, /source, Where is the source files held on the computer after DISM.exe process?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...: Hi!I was trying to upgrade to windows 11 via Windows11 Installation Assistant but I got `Can't find the necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder.` I tried various solution available on the internet but none of them worked so I...
  10. DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...

DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...: Hi!I was trying to upgrade to windows 11 via Windows11 Installation Assistant but I got `Can't find the necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder.` I tried various solution available on the internet but none of them worked so I...