Windows 10: DISM restore fails

Discus and support DISM restore fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What do I do next after DISM fails and I am still unable to update windows. I have tried DISM .exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth which completes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonCochron, Feb 15, 2020.

1. DISM restore fails

What do I do next after DISM fails and I am still unable to update windows.

I have tried DISM .exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth which completes successfully with "The component store is repairable". I then ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.This failed with the error code 0x800f081f. "Source file could not be found."

:)

DonCochron, Feb 15, 2020

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 15, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 15, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM restore fails

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

DISM restore fails

1. DISM restore fails - Similar Threads - DISM restore fails

2. DISM fails 0x800f081f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM fails 0x800f081f: DISM fails 0x800f081fEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 Installed on ‎23/‎02/‎2024 OS build 22631.3155 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0 Issue: 100% Disk Usage POST Clean BootContinual. Start menu no longer supports search functionA full Wipe and...
  3. Why is DISM failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is DISM failing?: Hi,I am trying to repair my operating system with DISM commands. But the command fails and I don't understand why. Can someone explain what is wrong?With best regards,HengzhiIssue specificsWindows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.SrtTrail.txtSystem...
  4. Why is DISM failing?

Why is DISM failing?: Hi,I am trying to repair my operating system with DISM commands. But the command fails and I don't understand why. Can someone explain what is wrong?With best regards,HengzhiIssue specificsWindows 11 can not startup.Automatic start-up repair has failed.SrtTrail.txtSystem...
  5. DISM restore failing when using ISO Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM restore failing when using ISO Windows 11: HelloI have been having BSOD errors in droves, for about six months, and miscrosoft help via chat, contacted multiple times with different support persons can't find out what's wrong. So, I've ventured forth on my own here. Just about at my wits' end.Asus ROG Zephyrus G14...
  6. DISM restore failing when using ISO Windows 11

DISM restore failing when using ISO Windows 11: HelloI have been having BSOD errors in droves, for about six months, and miscrosoft help via chat, contacted multiple times with different support persons can't find out what's wrong. So, I've ventured forth on my own here. Just about at my wits' end.Asus ROG Zephyrus G14...
  7. dism fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dism fail: hi. am trying to type this command : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but am getting this... Error: 18 An error occurred while loading DISM. The DISM tool may be corrupt. Try reinstalling DISM....
  8. dism failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism failed: execute command in WinPE: Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:"\\192.168.8.2\windows_backup\tp570.wim" /CaptureDir:C:\ /Name:tp570 /ScratchDir:f:\ but failed after 26 minutes, progress bars shows 10%, logs in dims.log: 2019-06-05 22:50:53, Info DISM PID=1804...
  9. Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism failing in restoring health of Windows Image: I am trying to restore health of my Win 10 Pro image. I downloaded the fresh Win 10 64 bit ISO from MS. Converted the install.esd to install.wim. But after running 82.9% Dism is failing with the error that source file could not be found.I first kept install.wim in root...
  10. sfc and dism fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc and dism fail: I had to restart my PC today using the power button after I ran into an issue with the USB controller stopped working resulting in no keyboard nor mouse. I managed to RDP into the PC from my mobile phone and thought I was able to restart my PC successfully. But the screen...