Windows 10: dism restorehealth cannot find source files

Discus and support dism restorehealth cannot find source files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I have a laptop which has some problems with corruption. After sfc /scannow I did run dism../RestoreHealth and it returned the above error. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kiwig, Sep 10, 2019.

1. kiwig Win User

dism restorehealth cannot find source files

Hello
    I have a laptop which has some problems with corruption. After sfc /scannow I did run dism../RestoreHealth and it returned the above error.
    I do not have the initial install disk and the version is 1803 /17134.950 so my question is if I can use the image(obviously way more recent} I have just downloaded through MediaCreationTool1903?
    Thanks in advance

:)

kiwig, Sep 10, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

How to get damn DISM to work?

Yes, I have the image mounted, the same bloody image I've used to install the OS I'm just using. This is absurd. I've tried this:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd /limitaccess
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:E:\x64\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess

None of this crap works even though entire freaking internet is saying that this is the way to do it. Some even mention using quotas for the path which makes no difference (It doesn't need it anyway since there aren't any spaces anyway.

I just can't understand how can OS integrity check tool feature be dumber as years pass by instead of being smarter and more useful.

EDIT:
    Redownloading 4 gigs of stupid image because the one I have apparently isn't good enough. *sigh*

RejZoR, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Error DISM restorehealth

twp things..

Executing command line: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\Mount\windows\winsxs" /LimitAccess

Place the "Image_health" folder on C - you are running the command 9 folders deep...
    Place Image_health-sxs.cmd inside "image_health" folder
    Image health sxs cmd was and is only a TEST cmd
    Image-health is the normal cmd...

[removed]

"C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" post the CBS.log

Also dism /scanhealth gives a better file report in the dism.log

Your damaged files appear to be that from a windows update, as windows update files are not on setup media..

step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source
    step 5 post dism.log and cbs.log (note: you can post logs as .txt > cbs.txt dism.txt)

4. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

dism restorehealth cannot find source files [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. dism restorehealth cannot find source files - Similar Threads - dism restorehealth cannot

2. DISM Can't Find Sources

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Can't Find Sources: I've been trying to fix a laptop that got corrupted after an antivirus was running during a windows update. It booted but couldn't get past the login screen. Tried several things to at least get logged on but started focusing more on repairing the corruption off of a repair...
  3. DISM Source Not located

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source Not located: I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located. I have tried ISO disc in dvd drive, mounting the ISO image but still get no source; I need some help, thanks. 72131
  4. DISM Online Restorehealth Error

DISM Online Restorehealth Error: Hello there... I've been trying to use DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth on my Windows 10 Home, but it keeps telling me that it does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Of course I'm not running WinPE 10. Can anyone help? 34972
  5. Error DISM restorehealth

Error DISM restorehealth: Hello I use the Windows DVD 10 and option 3 with IMAGE_HEALTH and have an error 50: http://www.eightforums.com/performan...upt-files.html 0x800f081f and operation not fix !! What to do ? thanks for your help Best regards 23654
  6. Dism source files not found

Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  7. Windows 10 DISM tool - unable to find Source File

Windows 10 DISM tool - unable to find Source File: Hello everyone, I've been having a terrible time trying to diagnose and fix corrupted system files. I have recently updated to windows 10 during the free upgrade process. I was running Windows 7 Pro before I updated. I have tried sfc /scannow command multiple...
  8. sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64

sfc and dism....restorehealth in 16299.64: In the previous build (16299.19) I had the issue of contracticting reports between sfc /scannow (reported "corrupt files unable to repair"), and dism.....restorehealth (reported "operation completed successfully"). ref : sfc and dism ..... old issue returns It is a relief...
  9. DISM - The source files could not be found

DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...
  10. DISM Source Not Found

DISM Source Not Found: Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250 Finally got drives...