Windows 10: Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

Discus and support Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is starting very slowly and the Dism command shows an error that can not be fixed without a source file. Where do I get the source file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by garysteinberg1, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

Windows 10 is starting very slowly and the Dism command shows an error that can not be fixed without a source file. Where do I get the source file?

Thank you,

Gary

:)

garysteinberg1, Mar 31, 2021
  2. LoyBanks Win User

DISM issue... error Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature...

Yesterday I tried in cmd line as follows...For Windows 10 Pro...

system32 >Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

then followed with as instructed...

system32>Dism /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth

Then after above got message...

Use the source option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature...

Help I need...Now where are the files located.? What command line should I be using to specific the location in second command?

All help is appreciated to overcome this problem. Many thanks.

LoyBanks, Mar 31, 2021
  3. desmog Win User
    6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command

I'm done with step six I'm still getting an error occurred
    "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Install.esd:1 /limitaccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[==========================100.0%==========================]

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

desmog, Mar 31, 2021
  4. kiwig Win User

Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

dism restorehealth cannot find source files

Thanks All, very much appreciated!
    I just did run dism restore health and here below the result:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.984]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.984

[===========================83.5%================ ]
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

So it looks like it is time to upgrade. Preferably would be to upgrade and keep programs and data.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!
    Tried it with the same negative result.

kiwig, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files

1. Dism RestoreHealth requires source option to specify the location of files - Similar Threads - Dism RestoreHealth requires

2. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  3. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  6. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  7. The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...

The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...: Hi,When I play games, it crashes. When I download games, file is corrupted. I have reinstalled a lot of time, reformat my SSDs, and still my window's files is corrupted. I have switch back and forth from windows 11 to 10. I have two m.2 SSDs 1tb and tried to use them...
  8. DISM Source Not specified?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Source Not specified?: Whenever i do sfc scan it says "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Then whenever i do dism health check it says to specify a source. I tried that also with both .esd and .wim file by specifuing it but still it is saying to specify the...
  9. dism restorehealth cannot find source files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dism restorehealth cannot find source files: Hello I have a laptop which has some problems with corruption. After sfc /scannow I did run dism../RestoreHealth and it returned the above error. I do not have the initial install disk and the version is 1803 /17134.950 so my question is if I can use the image(obviously way...
  10. DISM Source Not located

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Source Not located: I ran SFC check and found corrupt files that were not fixed so I ran dism and when doing the restorehealth I get errors that source cannot be located. I have tried ISO disc in dvd drive, mounting the ISO image but still get no source; I need some help, thanks. 72131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism source option wim restorehealth