Windows 10: DISM scan stops at 84.9%

Discus and support DISM scan stops at 84.9% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Today I opened cmd in administrator then typed "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" to check any corrupt file or what ever it does.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BNibir, Jun 8, 2020.

1. BNibir Win User

DISM scan stops at 84.9%

Hello,

Today I opened cmd in administrator then typed "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" to check any corrupt file or what ever it does. I saw it stops at 84.9%. I did it 3 times and the result is same. Why it doesn't completes till 100%? Is it bad for my PC? DISM scan stops at 84.9% eb0fb69a-25e2-4a95-b8c9-5542ddc9d239?upload=true.png

:)

BNibir, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Laptop mouse pad works for a little bit after restarting the computer and about 30 sec later it stops responding, any help would be appreciated?

Thank you for the additional details.

We suggest that you try to perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and see if
    there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the Device and Sound Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring or fix any corrupted files. To run the
    DISM tool, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 8, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 8, 2020
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM scan stops at 84.9%

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

DISM scan stops at 84.9%

1. DISM scan stops at 84.9% - Similar Threads - DISM scan stops

2. When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health,...: When should I run DISM scans? Also, is this a good order to run them in: DISM scan health, restore health, and then SFC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-should-i-run-dism-scans-also-is-this-a-good/176b6cca-b52f-43b0-9147-1342dc3832b1
  3. When to stop running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  4. When to stop running DISM

When to stop running DISM: I have seen two contrary viewpoints regarding DISM. Run SFC first, and only if SFC finds a problem is it necessary to run DISM. Run SFC first, and — no matter what SFC reports — you might as well run DISM after that. Then, if DISM is run, I have also seen advice that it...
  5. DISM Scan Error : 1726

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Scan Error : 1726: C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19043.928 The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online...
  6. DISM Scan Error : 1726

DISM Scan Error : 1726: C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19043.928 The component store is repairable. The operation completed successfully. C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online...
  7. DISM Scan Error : 1726

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't stop Windows 10 update for running and it freezes at 84%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't stop Windows 10 update for running and it freezes at 84%: I'm looking for help, I have an Acer Predator G9-593, running Windows 10 Home, version 1607, build 14393.2214. Last fall when it tried to update it would freeze at 84% every time, so I asked for help at that time, and didn't really find much, so I ended up disabling update,...
  9. Is anyone else's DISM scan ending at 84% on version 2004?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is anyone else's DISM scan ending at 84% on version 2004?: It is first time I'm doing DISM scan in years but I did it yesterday. It found no errors but it did stop at 84% instead of 100%. Anyone else getting this? submitted by /u/Blarzor [link] [comments]...
  10. DISM: How long should the DISM scan take to complete ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM: How long should the DISM scan take to complete ?: Normally when a tests completes without reporting anything wrong I'm happy camper. I have been wanting to ask a question about the DISM "scan" completing rather quickly. I seem to remember the command taking some time to finish, but for a while now the command Dism...