Windows 10: DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022

Discus and support DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I encountered a problem in many of my Windows Server 2022 machines,Performing sfc /scannow givesWindows Resource Protection found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dor Kalifa, May 22, 2023.

1. DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022

Hello everyone,I encountered a problem in many of my Windows Server 2022 machines,Performing sfc /scannow givesWindows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located atwindir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offlinerepairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.Checking the CBS.logCannot repair member file [l:23]'tls_branding_config.xml' of Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-LicenseServer-TlsBrand, version 10.0.20348.1726, arch amd64, nonSxS

:)

Dor Kalifa, May 22, 2023
  2. dsmith888 Win User

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding dism must be functional to upgrade the OS.

1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /?

dsmith888, May 22, 2023
  3. greg1973 Win User
    Server Manager Does not Populate Remote Desktop Services Overview

I have an RDWEB setup (Server 2012R2).
    Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview does not populate the Deployment Servers, RD Sessions Host or collections on my Windows 10 laptop (with RSAT installed).
    Server Manager>Remote Desktop Services>Overview works and populates "Deployments Servers", RD Sessions Host and "collections" correctly on Windows 8.1 Laptop (with RSAT installed) and correctly on any Server 2012R2.

*All the servers are added in server manager.
    *RSAT was downloaded on July 13,2016.

Anyone have any suggestions on why RSAT with Windows 10 does not work correclty with a RDWEB server setup in 2012R2?

****update****
    I updated to Win 10 1607 build and it has fixed my probelm, Server Manager now displays "Remote Desktop Services" correctly.

greg1973, May 22, 2023
  4. RejZoR Win User

DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    https://dismgui.codeplex.com/releases/view/133331

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, May 22, 2023
Thema:

DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022

1. DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022 - Similar Threads - DISM sfc scannow

2. DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM, sfc /scannow Failing after Remote Desktop Services installation, Windows Server 2022: Hello everyone,I encountered a problem in many of my Windows Server 2022 machines,Performing sfc /scannow givesWindows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located...
  3. SFC / SCANNOW failing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SFC / SCANNOW failing.: Hi guys, when i task my pc with sfc /scannow, it fails. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] I am also unable to install one of the new windows updates as it keeps failing. it is this one. [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  4. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  5. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  6. Windows update, sfc /scannow and DISM all failing with 0x80070001

Windows update, sfc /scannow and DISM all failing with 0x80070001: Hi, I tried to do a windows update and noticed all the following updates where failing with a 0x80070001 error: 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4520405) 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
  7. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...
  8. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  9. sfc /scannow failed

sfc /scannow failed: Hi guys , I have a laptop with windows 10 home upgraded from windows 7 home ( engl/us ) I've installed Windows anniversary update 1607 successfuly and I've created a DVD installation disk too, burning the .iso file to disk (imgburn) A few days before I ran from command...
  10. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails: Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log...