Windows 10: DISM -- SFC -- Windows Update -- Error corrupt files .net 3.5 update error

Discus and support DISM -- SFC -- Windows Update -- Error corrupt files .net 3.5 update error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good afternoon everyone, I have installed a clean install of windows 10 pro. The .net and Windows 10 1909 update are failing to install. DISM and sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gnophear, Feb 2, 2020.

1. gnophear Win User

DISM -- SFC -- Windows Update -- Error corrupt files .net 3.5 update error

Good afternoon everyone, I have installed a clean install of windows 10 pro. The .net and Windows 10 1909 update are failing to install. DISM and sfc are not working giving errors. I've tried doing DISM pulling from online and from the win10 source, enabled it in programs and features and still no luck. Here is a link to my dism.log -- cbs.log -- windowsupdate.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-at5AHXP3ev9tqo3cNSjdoVdbCEu3eE/view?usp=sharing WindowsUpdate

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ldGEh1c7hiJdSMO3yiU9u2ybMDUL2K4_/view?usp=sharing cbs.log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFmfCxMreo0QqUBPgKchDayzWKpXSnEW/view?usp=sharing dism.log

:)

gnophear, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

80246002 Error from windows update

I've seen this issue before and I believe that some times it was attributed to something corrupted with the OS. Have you ran CHKDSK C: /F, restarted let it run (or some similar command in CMD) and then SFC /scannow after that to ensure you had no corrupted files.

I also believe that it's a connection error, so try to ping and tracert to Microsoft and ensure that you are getting there.

As mentioned, if your copy is not legit. Try turning off auto updates as well. +1 to the above suggestions.

Kursah, Feb 2, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8, cant install updates properly.

Try this "Fix: Microsoft Update Error Code 0×80080008 while installing Windows Updates"
    And, if that don't work try "FIX : Error 0×80080008 While Updating Windows Apps In Windows 8".
    Then, if that fails... try this --> Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

You could, also, run "SFC /scannow" and check for corrupt files.

If worse comes to worse... you could always do a windows refresh.
    How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC

95Viper, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. DISM -- SFC -- Windows Update -- Error corrupt files .net 3.5 update error - Similar Threads - DISM SFC Update

2. Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan fail: Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan failIm in need of help. This topic is found on Google and Microsoft discussions alot however I have yet to find a solution that resolved my issue. Im facing the following issues - whenever I try to update i get the...
  3. Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan fail: Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan failIm in need of help. This topic is found on Google and Microsoft discussions alot however I have yet to find a solution that resolved my issue. Im facing the following issues - whenever I try to update i get the...
  4. Windows update error 0x800703e6 + DISM ERROR 998 + SFC scan fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  7. Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Win10 KB updates SFC/DISM errors: So after latest two KB34/36 updates SFC find errors which cant fix and DISM restorehealth either. Code: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: <----- Starting Dism.exe session -----> 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: 2016-08-25 14:24:31, Info DISM DISM.EXE: Host...
  8. updates, sfc, and corrupt files

updates, sfc, and corrupt files: After almost every update, if I run sfc it reports corrupt files. Sometimes it cures them, sometimes I have to run dism, and this time neither work. Why are updates corrupting system files? Bob Frost 37505
  9. SFC and DISM Errors

SFC and DISM Errors: So I was running an SFC /scannow And got the some files are corrupt but cannot be fixed etc. So I did the dism restore heath, and it can't find source. So I did the scan health, check health, reset Base, restore health from local esd source and limited access, changed...
  10. SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC and DISM error when trying to fix corrupt windows files: Hello, I ran "SFC /scannow" and got an error saying the System File Checker found errors but couldn't fix them. Afterwards I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and DISM threw the error 0x800f081f saying that the source files could not be found. I then ran...