Windows 10: DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING

Discus and support DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to run C:>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAlways returnsError: 0x800f081f> The source files could not be found.> Use the "Source"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stephen_C, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Stephen_C Win User

DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING

Trying to run C:>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAlways returnsError: 0x800f081f> The source files could not be found.> Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the featureTried all suggestions I could find online. Rebooted many times. sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth reports component store is repairable. Ran /StartComponentCleanup and /AnalyzeComponentStore Downloaded and mounted ISO and copied install.wim to local folder ra

:)

Stephen_C, Feb 27, 2024
  2. wrlee Win User

DISM error 4448, what file is "corrupted"

I'm unable to book Windows 10 (even in safe-mode). Lots of help posts suggest running DISM and SFC. But, 23.5%, I am getting error 4448, which I cannot resolve:

Error 4448: The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table.

Is the error because my USB is a mismatched version of Win10? Is the "compressed file" referring to the g:\sources\install.esd file?

• .../source:wim:g:\sources\install.esd:6... with the same result
    • I have ensured that I am using the dism command on the same drive as the esd file, same result
    • I have tried it with other bootable Windows 10 install versions with the same result

wrlee, Feb 27, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING 49542d1485959863t-source-use-dism-windows-10-a-dis.jpg

topgundcp, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Alex Conn Win User

DISM command /RestoreHealth unable to find source files

I am unable to perform SFC Scan or DISM Restore Health Successfully.

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1083.

• sfc /scannow finds corruption its unable to fix.
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      • Results in "The component store is repairable
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      • Results in "The component store is repairable"
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      • Results in "The Source files could not be found"
    I've downloaded what I believe to be the correct .iso file for the version of Windows I am running/needing. See below:

DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING c13aa991-1a35-41d6-a39f-eda2b3a191d8?upload=true.png

Mounting the .iso file to F: and pointing DISM to use its install.wim file is also failing.

• DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:F:\Sources\install.wim
    • Results in "The source files could not be found".
    Could anyone help me decipher the log files?

Log File of DISM command without source specified:
    Error

Log File of DISM command with source specified:

Error

Alex Conn, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING - Similar Threads - DISM source files

2. DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM source files could not be found error - tried EVERYTHING: Trying to run C:>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAlways returnsError: 0x800f081f> The source files could not be found.> Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the featureTried all suggestions I could find online....
  3. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found: Hi -I've been having issues recently installing Windows updates and I found that my Windows "Sandbox" environment is no longer working. I've recently been messing with my .net installation to get a specific application working I'm pretty sure that's how I got into this mess...
  4. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found: Hi -I've been having issues recently installing Windows updates and I found that my Windows "Sandbox" environment is no longer working. I've recently been messing with my .net installation to get a specific application working I'm pretty sure that's how I got into this mess...
  5. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  7. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  8. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...