Windows 10: DISM Source Not Found

Discus and support DISM Source Not Found in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Apr 29, 2017.

1. DISM Source Not Found

Been Having problem with my video drivers lately, virtual dj, and such, ran sfc/scannow no intergrity violations found, then tried to run Dism and it said "sources not found" that part not sure how to work around it. Windows 10 Pro x64bit 1703 15063.250

Finally got drives to work with Virtual Dj, and Battlefield 4, older version 17.4.1, but at least it's working now

:)

AMDMan2016, Apr 29, 2017
  2. n 05033 Win User

DISM Source file not found problem solved:

hi;

I read that after recent cumulative update kb4020102 the DISM problem is over. so after installing the said update i ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but no; still after checking upto 88.5% it straight way skipped to 97.6 % and then displayed
    the error that source file could not be downloaded.

so i ran again Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, but this time I kept the internet on.

then

From 88.5% to 97.6% it downloaded 1.2mb data; and then it showed 100% complete and success.

To be double sure i ran again sfc /scannow which was success; and then I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which now from 88.5% goes to 100% and shows success. screen shots of various stages attached.

I think the percentage at which the data will be downloaded; and the amount of data that will be downloaded may vary from user to user. I tried this method a fortnight ago also, but then data was not loaded; so it is recently that the microsoft has provided
    the data. also no need to mention /source in the above command; just Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth is enough.

DISM Source Not Found [​IMG]

thanks

n 05033, Apr 29, 2017
  3. WayneRupp Win User
    DISM Source file not found problem solved:

Hello N O5033,

Yes, I was stoked when MS finally repaired the DISM /restorehealth command in 1703 with the CU KB4020102 on 5-25-17. Oddly enough, not everyone using 1703 was having the problem... or so they said.

The thread below illustrates the lengthy process I went through, trying to find a solution to the DISM problem. In retrospect, a substantial amount of bad advice was offered me, but that's not a problem
    anymore because MS finally fixed it. So if you're interested, take a look at the thread below to just see what I endured.

DISM not working, CHKDSK /F not working in 1703 15063.138

Later dude,

Wayne

WayneRupp, Apr 29, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

DISM Source Not Found

dalchina, Apr 29, 2017
  5. Oh ok I searched and must've missed that one, will look at it right away

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

DISM Source Not Found

1. DISM Source Not Found - Similar Threads - DISM Source Found

2. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  3. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: Hello, I cannot install the update using the Update center 0x800f0983 from 22631.2271 to Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2841also "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not work for me with and without a source.2023-12-07 19:05:15, Info DISM DISM Package Manager:...
  4. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  5. DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM /RestoreHealth The source files could not be found: I have been trying to use DISM on my Windows 11 installation, but it seems like no matter what I try, whether I use Windows Update as a source or an ISO on the hard drive or a Windows 11 install USB, I get this same error every time. I was able to successfully run sfc...
  6. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  7. DISM Restore Health "source files not found"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Restore Health "source files not found": Forgive the redundancy with other threads on this topic, many of which I have read, with no solution... 1. Mounted the ISO from which 1703 Pro was installed. Converted the \sources\install.esd file to a .wim file. 2. Placed install.wim in D:\. 3. From an elevated CMD...
  8. Dism source files not found

Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  9. Dism problem "The source files could not be found"

Dism problem "The source files could not be found": I have done an SFC /scannow at least two dozen times now on my Windows 10 tablet, resulting in "Found corrupt files but was unable to fix them" message Several posts on this site alone tell me to do a "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" all of which people said...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...