Windows 10: DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

Discus and support DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kongxyin_88, Jan 6, 2022.

1. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version: 10.0.14393.4169 [==========================100.0%==========================] [==========================100.0%==========================] Error: 2The system cannot find the file specified. The DISM log file can be found at C:\windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log2022-01-04 22:46:31, Info DISM DISM Package Manager: PID=2844 TID=9812 Error in operation: null CBS HRESULT=0x80070002 - CCbsConUIHandler::Error 2022-01-04 22:46:31, Error

:)

kongxyin_88, Jan 6, 2022

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Error DISM restorehealth

Hello i just registered after i read all the pages...so opencl.dll is a problem of a windows update? Because i had no issues running sfc/scannow last month DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2 :)
    **UPDATE**
    Thanks it worked perfectly fine and it fixed any corrupted files.This worked perfectly...it was giving me a headache.Step 3 option 2 converted .esd file to .wim...! Thanks again guys.
    step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source (OPTIONAL because step 3 already fixed the issue)

stefanosgr19, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Sayjimwoo Win User

DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

Error DISM restorehealth

Having being frustrated with having the dism error (0x800f081f error) which was unfixable after a clean Windows 10 install time after time, it was great to find this fix which works a treat and and allows "sfc scannow" to complete error free as well as dism.

I do have a question though, what causes these errors in the first place? I have had the same thing happen twice in the space of 3 weeks and tonight also. Maybe it is something I am doing which I don't realise is causing it. My system is clean and the latest Windows 10 build and my system shows no symptoms of any kind.
    Again running the "Image health cmd" fixes it. Is it a case of don't worry about it and just carry on?

Thanks in advance.

Edit.... I updated my Nvidia drivers tonight. Maybe they are the culprit.

Sayjimwoo, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

1. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2 - Similar Threads - DISM start componentcleanup

2. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  3. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  4. When running DISM, I get Error 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When running DISM, I get Error 2: Title. I tried fixing some BSOD using DISM but were greeted with error instead. Error 2. submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubqylp/when_running_dism_i_get_error_2/
  5. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2: I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version: 10.0.14393.4169 [==========================100.0%==========================]...
  6. DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /start componentcleanup Error: 2: I get this error when I run the utility on Server 2016.Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.4169 Image Version: 10.0.14393.4169 [==========================100.0%==========================]...
  7. DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...: Hi!I was trying to upgrade to windows 11 via Windows11 Installation Assistant but I got `Can't find the necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder.` I tried various solution available on the internet but none of them worked so I...
  8. DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...: Hi!I was trying to upgrade to windows 11 via Windows11 Installation Assistant but I got `Can't find the necessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder.` I tried various solution available on the internet but none of them worked so I...
  9. DISM Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the...

10. DISM>EXE THROWS A ERROR : Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM>EXE THROWS A ERROR : Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the...: [ATTACH] Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. For more information, review the log file. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log...