Windows 10: DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours

Discus and support DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my pc has been put away for almost a year, I turned it back on now I’m trying to update it but it’s not working the download froze at 7% and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kenny_K, May 7, 2021.

1. Kenny_K Win User

DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours

So my pc has been put away for almost a year, I turned it back on now I’m trying to update it but it’s not working the download froze at 7% and the others are “pending” I went on CMD I tried sfc scannow etcGot “found corrupt files but unable to fix some of them” etc etcSo after that I did DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthAnd that froze up at 85.3%So I tried the windows setup tool “Download tool now, installed it, chose “upgrade this PC now” and now it’s just sitting steady at “getting updates / checking for updates” and has been here for awhile nowIdk if it matter

:)

Kenny_K, May 7, 2021

2. stuck on checking for update

i am updating windows 7 to windows 10, i purchased and downloaded windows 10 setup tool. it is stuck in checking for updates, has been stuck all night, what can t do?

RobertWorrall, May 7, 2021
  3. bayustev Win User
    Windows Update stuck at downloading

ok, everything is set, and restart pc. after that i open again windows update, and check for update. and again after checking its start downloading from 0% and not progressing..any suggestion?

DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours [​IMG]

bayustev, May 7, 2021
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. DISM stuck in download, windows setup tool “checking for updates” for hours - Similar Threads - DISM stuck download

2. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  3. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%: I tried to reinstall my laptop using Windows 10 Pro ISO, it was a success until it got to check the updates. The setup is stuck at 2% for hours. Any solution please,...
  4. Windows 10 setup stuck at Checking for updates: 2%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours

DISM RestoreHealth stuck at 62.3% for over 12 hours: I've a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 10 64 bit.II have been using Acronis TrueImage for the last 6 - 8 years for a daily incremental back up. About 8 months ago the PC started crashing BSOD every few days and quite often during the middle of a back-up. My current version of...
  6. Windows Update Downloading Stuck at 100% from 3 hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update Downloading Stuck at 100% from 3 hours: I was updating my pc it took 30 mins to reach 100% downloading but its stuck on 100% downloading from last 3 hours i just tried stopping windows update service and delete software distribution files and restarted the windows update service and restarted my pc and updated...
  7. Windows Update stuck at "Downloading Updates 15%". It is like this for the last 3 Hours....

Windows Update stuck at "Downloading Updates 15%". It is like this for the last 3 Hours....: I updated my windows from 1511 to 1903 using windows updates it showed me a notification about this and when i updated it got stuck on 15%. It remained for more than 3 hours. Please suggest me the solution...
  8. Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool stuck at checking for updates: I have a friend who has a Windows seven laptop and he is now downloading windows 10. The thing is it has been stuck on "Checking For Updates" for a while. (a few hours) Is this normal? submitted by /u/spencer654322 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates"

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Stuck At "Checking For Updates": So basically I just got a new laptop (Dell Lattitude e6520) and it's currently running Windows 7 Professional, but I really want to run Windows 10 on it. So I found online, that it's possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 free using the media creation tool. Can anyone...
  10. Media creation tool stuck at downloading 0% for several hours

Media creation tool stuck at downloading 0% for several hours: As the title says, i have no issues downloading windows updates but the MCT download is stuck at 0% no matter what i try. The dots are moving but there is no traffic at all. My firewall is on "allow all", antivirus is disabled, have tried the update troubleshooter, hosts...