Windows 10: DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool

Discus and support DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sfc /scannow returned corrupt files that are repairable but DISM will not work with the latest iso I made form media creation tool, even when pointing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BSDGuru, Jun 11, 2021.

1. BSDGuru Win User

DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool

sfc /scannow returned corrupt files that are repairable but DISM will not work with the latest iso I made form media creation tool, even when pointing to install.esd since install.wim doesn't exist anymore and Techbench iso downloads no longer exists. I seem to be stuck unable to repair something that's repairable.This is my exact command after mounting the Windows.iso, using #6 since I have Windows 10 Pro:dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:E:\Sources\Install.esd:6 /limitaccess

:)

BSDGuru, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Vijay B Win User

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jun 11, 2021
  3. media creation tool for win 10

Hi Aymanheikal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to see ISO file for Windows 10 after complete download.

• Are you using Internet Explorer browser to download the ISO file?

If you are using Internet Explorer as a browser please follow,

• Open Internet Explorer, on right top corner click on
      Settings/Gear
      icon.
    • Click on View downloads, to view and track your downloads.

If you are still unable to view the ISO file then,

• Press Windows + E keys from the keyboard on the desktop to open
      File Explorer.
    • On the left pane select Downloads folder and search for the ISO file.

If you are still unable to view the ISO file refer to the link below to re-download the ISO file:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2021
  4. DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool

Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool

1. DISM unable to restorehealth with latest iso made from media creation tool - Similar Threads - DISM unable restorehealth

2. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  3. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  4. Media Creation Tool - Latest Software?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool - Latest Software?: Hey all! Is there anyway to make a usb Windows install with the absolute most recent update so I don't have to install then have a big update right after which requires a restart which usually refreshes all the settings and reinstalls all the crapware after I've gone through...
  5. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  6. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  7. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  8. Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool

Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool: Hello. The error is: 0x80070002 0x20016 I tried rewriting the "AllowOSUpgrade" in the registry (a method which was used in Threshold 2), yet not working. I'm running on my computer Windows 10 TH2. Thanks for anyone who may help 58702
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...