Windows 10: DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10?

Discus and support DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Should I run SFC or DISM first to repair file or system image corruptions on my Windows 10 computer? Most websites suggest you running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 1, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10?

WinClub, Feb 1, 2019
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Feb 1, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

you need to run DISM first before running SFC
    SFC query's the local component stores to make repairs
    DISM is targeted for rebuilding the component stores and a offline image the 'live' section is still handled by SFC in some cases
    except on windows 8.1 and up because they changed it
    but only for certain files and only if x part of the store is corrupt
    so yea pretty confusing eh

OneMoar, Feb 1, 2019
  4. DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10?

Eternal safe mode (windows 10)

Yea, but if something corrupts it won't detect anything. I would use the DISM command to check the health and then restore it. I usually just skip the health check and just do a Health restore. Then after the Health restore then I do the sfc /scannow command.

Check Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth[/quote] Scan Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth[/quote] Restore Health
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] sfc
    Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] first I would do what @Solaris17 said to check his boot record. *Toast :toast: Also, a fresh start and keep his files like you suggested is a good option as well. *Toast :toast: Maybe even check to see if he has any restore points.

Mindweaver, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10?

1. DISM vs SFC first? What should I run first on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - DISM SFC should

2. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order?Update: Edited my subject and description to make it neater....
  3. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order?Update: Edited my subject and description to make it neater....
  4. What should I run first? sfc, DISM or chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-sfc-scannow-dism-online/b5bc0985-eaf4-4495-96f2-8998cb2ec485
  6. What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-sfc-scannow-dism-online/b5bc0985-eaf4-4495-96f2-8998cb2ec485
  7. What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /registerdns, ipconfig /release,...: Just to make sure that the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-ipconfig-flushdns-ipconfig/954d6fba-5159-4741-97ab-1e65cf92d632
  9. sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc or chkdsk - which should be first in order of maintenance?: Every week I run standard maintenance procedures. First, I run a chkdsk and then reboot to complete the process. Then, I use sfc /scannow to verify the system files When required, I use DISM to repair. Since the DOS days, chkdsk was the utility for disk and file allocation...
  10. what should i upgrade first on a potato pc

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    what should i upgrade first on a potato pc: i have an i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz 4GB ram NVIDIA GeForce 605 graphics card and a low budget everything else pls help

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run sfc or dism first

2. dism vs sfc scan

3. run sfc on wim

4. sfc scannow first or dism first,
  5. should dism be run before sfc,
  6. sfc or dism first,
  7. run DISM first and SFC second.,
  8. can you run dism and sfc at the same time,
  9. how to run sfc and dism at the same time,
  10. dism.exe/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth,
  11. which first dism or sfc /scannow,