Windows 10: DISM wont run at all

Discus and support DISM wont run at all in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been having several issues with my windows install including a recent kernel heap corruption BSOD and am trying to ensure the my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DevinHunt, May 2, 2019.

1. DevinHunt Win User

DISM wont run at all

I have been having several issues with my windows install including a recent kernel heap corruption BSOD and am trying to ensure the my system installation is ok using dism and SFC. sfc /scannow returns with everything ok, but when i try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth or anything involving dism nothing happens, my regular command prompt continues to display with no additional prompts. it doesn't even attempt to run. including when I attempt to run it in safe mode. Any Idea on how I can fix this so I can successfully run dism. I have ran an in place upgrade already. and restarted the Microsoft update service.

:)

DevinHunt, May 2, 2019

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 2, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2019
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

DISM wont run at all

CCleaner 64 bit wont run.

Hi Cliff S. Thanks a lot.

I did not run SFC initially because in my understanding SFC checks the system files only, and is not effective for third party tools. Still I did it as you suggested, it found nothing.

DISM wont run at all [​IMG]

I havent tried Dism yet ... please guide me about it in details. I am unaware of it.

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming does not contain any CCleaner entry after it is uninstalled. I sehed everywhere in C:\Users\<username>\AppData .... no entry for CCleaner. Should I look at any other place too?

There were some in Regedit. Like
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch
    • Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cclaunch\shell\open\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...\command
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Run CCleaner
    Five in total. Deleted those, will try another installation now and will let you know.

Hi topgundcp. Thanks a lot to you, too.

I tried your suggestion, got the same result. *Sad

DISM wont run at all [​IMG]

Thema:

DISM wont run at all

1. DISM wont run at all - Similar Threads - DISM wont run

2. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  3. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  4. Safety of Running DISM/SFC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safety of Running DISM/SFC: Hey,Recently, I was running DISM and SFC in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling a program. On the website, it said that it uses Windows Update Client to gather the files necessary. Is it at all possible that I could get a virus from doing this? I believe it would...
  5. DISM not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISM not running: I thought it advisable to run DISM to check the health of my system. First I performed a CheckHealth and I got the message No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully. After that I wanted a more thorough scan so I started with ScanHealth....
  6. Difficulty running Dism commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty running Dism commands: I searched for it online and found out to perform SFC /scannow via a command prompt I did that as well see screenshot [img] Issue with Windows 10 update stuck on Version 1809 (error 0x80240034)-sfc-scannow.png I got this "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files...
  7. run dism

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dism: What is the string to run DISM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dism/6e6c9e3d-b255-4309-a552-6360c920e9f1
  8. Can't run DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't run DISM?: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Home on my Alienware Laptop. Here is the log: 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info DISM PID=3792 TID=10992 Scratch directory set to 'C:\Users\WILSON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\'. - CDISMManager::put_ScratchDir 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info...
  9. Running the SFC and DISM commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running the SFC and DISM commands: The picture below shows how I run the sfc & dism cmds --- sfc should be run before & after the dism cmd --- [IMG] It works for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/running-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/3d325608-c97d-401a-8cbf-9d0a7f499bcb
  10. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...