Windows 10: Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

Discus and support Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I dismiss any notification or alarm, my computer switches to MS Edge from whatever browser I'm using. This happened on my Windows 10 PC and is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RM2112, Aug 15, 2022.

1. RM2112 Win User

Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

When I dismiss any notification or alarm, my computer switches to MS Edge from whatever browser I'm using. This happened on my Windows 10 PC and is now happening on my Windows 11 PC. I thank you in advance for your help.

:)

RM2112, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Notifications for Google Calendar through edge not showing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. I understand that you are not receiving notifications for Google Calendar.

As you have already selected the options to display notifications, I would suggest you try clearing the browser cache, cookies, and check if that makes a difference. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Delete cookies

If that doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try repairing Microsoft Edge and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps, and select
      Apps & features
      on the left pane.
    3. Scroll down, look for Microsoft Edge, and click on it.
    4. Click on Advanced Options.
    5. Now, click on Repair.

If repairing Microsoft Edge doesn’t help, you can try resetting Microsoft Edge. However, before resetting Microsoft Edge, we would suggest you to take a backup of the Favorites. Follow the steps to take a backup:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis (…) on the top right corner.
    3. Under General, click on Import or export.
    4. Now, click on Export to file and select the location where you want to export the file.
    5. To Import the favorites, follow the steps from
      1 to 3
      , click on Import from file and select the location.

After exporting the favorites, follow the same steps as mentioned for repairing Microsoft Edge, just click on
    Reset instead of Repair.

Note: Repairing the browser won't affect anything, but resetting will remove your history, cookies, and any settings you might have changed.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 15, 2022
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

1. Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge. - Similar Threads - Dismissing notification switch

2. How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?: App & browser control on my windows 11 laptop keep telling me that "potentially unwanted app found, your device may perform poorly". I cannot "dismiss" the notification and when I try to click the "review" button state that "no recent action". Please help coz this is so...
  3. How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I dismiss notification from app & browser control?: App & browser control on my windows 11 laptop keep telling me that "potentially unwanted app found, your device may perform poorly". I cannot "dismiss" the notification and when I try to click the "review" button state that "no recent action". Please help coz this is so...
  4. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  5. Dismissing Pop-up Notifications, makes my Windows 11 PC switch over to MS Edge by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismissing Pop-up Notifications, makes my Windows 11 PC switch over to MS Edge by itself.: I'm Re-Submitting this question: When I Dismiss Pop-up Notifications on my Windows 11 PC, it switches itself from the browser I'm using, over to MS Edge.Screenshot: shows what an Independant Advisor instructed me to do, and what my results were....
  6. Dismissing Pop-up Notifications, makes my Windows 11 PC switch over to MS Edge by itself.

Dismissing Pop-up Notifications, makes my Windows 11 PC switch over to MS Edge by itself.: I'm Re-Submitting this question: When I Dismiss Pop-up Notifications on my Windows 11 PC, it switches itself from the browser I'm using, over to MS Edge.Screenshot: shows what an Independant Advisor instructed me to do, and what my results were....
  7. Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dismissing a notification make my PC switch browsers to Edge.: When I dismiss any notification or alarm, my computer switches to MS Edge from whatever browser I'm using. This happened on my Windows 10 PC and is now happening on my Windows 11 PC. I thank you in advance for your help....
  8. Disable "Can't Update Microsoft Edge" Notification in Edge Browser

Disable "Can't Update Microsoft Edge" Notification in Edge Browser: I am using Edge on a TV as a display for an offline server in full screen mode.After booting up the PC that is connected to the TV I load Edge and navigate to the local web page for my personal display.After about 20-30mins a notification/popup appears in the top right of the...
  9. How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the small x that appears on notification dismiss them?: By default x is set to move the notification to action center. I want to dismiss them directly. When windows wasn't activated that x was set to dismiss the notif but after activation it changed. PLS HELP ME submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav [link] [comments]...
  10. "Notification" that Chrome ran into a problem, so my OS is making MS Edge my default browser

"Notification" that Chrome ran into a problem, so my OS is making MS Edge my default browser: How do I prevent Win10 from replacing a default program I chose, with some Microsoft product? Replacing my browser with Edge as my "default" is an example. I get a "Notification" (represented by a little 'word bubble' at the bottom right of my screen) that Firefox or Chrome...