Windows 10: Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line?

Discus and support Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for a dir replacement that will accept wildcard file name arguments, does recursive searching like the /s parameter, AND does a one-line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x509, Jun 15, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line?

I'm looking for a dir replacement that will accept wildcard file name arguments, does recursive searching like the /s parameter, AND does a one-line display like:

filename.type SIZE DATE Full_Path_Name.

I have all these application files, over 400, scattered over different directories on Drive C: and D:, and I need to be able to review them, for each filename, to ID the most complete version of each file. That isn't necessarily the newest version.

Thanks,

:)

2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line?

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line?

1. Dispay file name, size, and directory path all on one line? - Similar Threads - Dispay file name

2. Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory Name & File Name Length Limitation Elimination: Dear Microsoft,I really enjoy using and developing software using your products. However, in a current development project, I have an issue that I need to be able to have longer directory names and longer file names, and often times I must shorten the lengths of filenames and...
  3. How to change name in file directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change name in file directory: Hello, I've changed my name in my Microsoft account and computer settings, but some places such as my file paths still display my old name C:\Users\[oldname]; is there any way to change this or is this particular area not possible to change unless I reset the computer? I'm on...
  4. File History - Files with long path names.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History - Files with long path names.: In August 2016, @gacpac posted that "File history doesn't let you back up long path file names".Does this problem still exist in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-files-with-long-path-names/2482af76-4e9d-4ddd-aa8a-098efbf690a3
  5. File History - Files with long path names.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History - Files with long path names.: In August 2016, @gacpac posted that "File history doesn't let you back up long path file names".Does this problem still exist in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-files-with-long-path-names/2482af76-4e9d-4ddd-aa8a-098efbf690a3
  6. File Path Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Path Directory: Hi, Recently I've changed drive letters which changed all of my installed applications file paths. Now the applications won't open with the error message, "specific file path not found" (something like that) I tried changing back the drive letters through Disk management and...
  7. Explorer displaying User Name not directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer displaying User Name not directory path: Hi I have been issued with a works laptop.with Windows 10. I logon with user nam,e e.g. R12345 anmd the home directory is C:\Users\R12345. When I change to C:\Users\R12345 or pin it for quick access Windows Explorer is displaying the folder as my user name "Ray, Sanjay",...
  8. Directory path names messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory path names messed up: When I try to compress a file I get an error that the directory path contains symbols that can't be processed, meaning the Greek words I do have a Greek keyboard installed but my system language is English. The actual name is in English though. E.g. On the left in the...
  9. File History and Long Path Names

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History and Long Path Names: Shawn - or anybody that knows... Can you tell me if FH manifest is Long Path aware? (Sorry - All the FH .manifest files I can find are binary, not text) I am trying to help a dyslexic user with memory problems (memory as in "brain", not "bytes") Her system is Win 10 Home,...
  10. File History and Long Path Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    File History and Long Path Names: Shawn - or anybody that knows... Can you tell me if FH manifest is Long Path aware? (Sorry - All the FH .manifest files I can find are binary, not text) I am trying to help a dyslexic user with memory problems (memory as in "brain", not "bytes") Her system is Win 10 Home,...