Windows 10: Dispelling 3 Myths

Discus and support Dispelling 3 Myths in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In regard to stuff put forth prior to & leading up to June 24th...1. Win11 is not 21H2. 21H2 is the Fall 2021 Update coming to Windows 10 via WU2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Dispelling 3 Myths

In regard to stuff put forth prior to & leading up to June 24th...1. Win11 is not 21H2. 21H2 is the Fall 2021 Update coming to Windows 10 via WU2. Win11 is NOT coming to Win10 via WU3. There is/will be a free upGRADE path from SOME Win10s, ONLY, NOT 7s nor 8sIn other words...4. 10 continues to the end of its support 20255. 2022 Windows 10 starts ONE Update per year with 22H2 and NO 22H1.6. Win11 is additional/optional to 10, NOT automatic or obligatory. BUT new devices will be Win11.Cheers,Drew

:)

Drew1903, Jun 24, 2021

2. A myth debunked

One of myths spread by the Big Bro's propaganda is ''You should never set the User Account Control to the lower level.''

Guess what?

Running my PC that way for 2 days and have not seen those awful threats yet.

The antivirus still runs as well as the dumbscreen (or smartscreen, in newspeak.)

And even the Big Bro a.k.a. the Ultimate Access Denier is still there.

Can someone tell what exactly is that bad and threatening about setting the UAC to the lowest level if the user has some experience?

If nothing - a propaganda myth has been debunked.

BaltaisGulbis, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 24, 2021
  4. miahallen Win User

Dispelling 3 Myths

miahallen, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Dispelling 3 Myths

1. Dispelling 3 Myths - Similar Threads - Dispelling Myths

2. Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...: Unsure what I should test to investigate this? submitted by /u/wallpapersdance [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me5b95/dispelled_words_dont_seem_to_be_showing_any/
  3. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  4. A myth debunked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A myth debunked: One of myths spread by the Big Bro's propaganda is ''You should never set the User Account Control to the lower level.'' Guess what? Running my PC that way for 2 days and have not seen those awful threats yet. The antivirus still runs as well as the dumbscreen or...
  5. USB Flash stick / portable hard drvies , is it only a myth?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash stick / portable hard drvies , is it only a myth?: For years, from time to time, I have been hearing some people telling me that "If you don't "safely eject" the USB stick or portable hard drives" and you only unplug them, your drive will fail more easily in the future..........i.e. shorter lifespan....which would "hurt"...