Windows 10: Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000

Discus and support Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is s similiar question but with no solution:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anju01, Jul 9, 2019.

1. anju01 Win User

Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000

There is s similiar question but with no solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-1-not-active/ca3f99b0-6029-41ff-9fd5-e95e1f4b4c9e

I have a Panasonic FZ-G1 Tablet (mk1) which should become a complete reinstallation. Have an USB stick from Microsoft generated ( Win10 (1903) ) and the drivers from Panasonic (https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/itn/drivers/driver_packages.html#topic02). After first bad try (no secondary monitor) , Installation runs without network (no WLAN and no Ethernet via docking station) completly and there are no unknown devices in the device manager.

Now installing the HD 4000 from Intel either by hand or by Internet the tablet display is black and marked as not active. I've a second monitor connected to the dockings station and that works.
    When deinstalling the HD4000 driver, display 1 works again, but only with the base driver from windows.

But when DEACTIVATING the driver, the tablet screen is displayed again and everything works as it should: resolution settings and span the desktop works OK.

But what is wrong? - there is no way to install Windows without a second monitor...

I have tried:
    Different versions of the HD4000 driver
    Different chipset drivers
    and instead of new installing I did an upgrade from Win7, which worked..

:)

anju01, Jul 9, 2019

2. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000

1. Display 1 is inactive - Black screen, Win 10, HD4000 - Similar Threads - Display inactive Black

2. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  3. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. screen goes black on win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black on win 10: my pc screen has been going black once every few hours, when it goes black my monitor shows no signal, when this happens ive noticed that my pc fans seem to get louder, ive tried reconnecting my monitor but it doesnt seem to work, ive reinstalled my graphic drivers and after...
  6. screen goes black on win 10

screen goes black on win 10: my pc screen has been going black once every few hours, when it goes black my monitor shows no signal, when this happens ive noticed that my pc fans seem to get louder, ive tried reconnecting my monitor but it doesnt seem to work, ive reinstalled my graphic drivers and after...
  7. Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity: Hi, this is my issue which started last two day, after I guess last windows update: After some inactivity in the laptop, when it gets to black screen, the laptop is not responding anymore, and I have to force it to shut down. Insted of pressing keys, or moving the mouse...
  8. Win 10 webcam black screen

Win 10 webcam black screen: Hi, with the number of users reporting the same black screen using so many different makes and models of computers, I feel no need to elaborate with what hardware I am using; and otherwise, as to who is at the keyboard, le's say that I consider myself the average bear given...
  9. Camera displays black screen only - Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera displays black screen only - Win 10: Hi. Whenever I open the Camera app, it only displays a black screen. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it and also restarted the laptop. ALso whenever I give update driver, it shows the latest driver is present. Pls help...
  10. Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active: I have upgraded to latest version of windows 10 Home 1909 18363.592 and after a reboot the laptop screen has gone black no flickering at all and the external monitor is working fine. I had a few attempts to upgrade and eventually had to do a windows 10 factory restore. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix display 1 isnt active

2. display 2 inactive

3. display 2 isnt active

4. display 1 isnt active fix,
  5. display 1 is inactive,
  6. display 2 is inactive,
  7. laptop display is not active,
  8. make display active in windows 10,
  9. display2 is inactive,
  10. display is not active windows 10,
  11. display 1 inactive,