Windows 10: Display 1 isn't active windows 10

Discus and support Display 1 isn't active windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday evening my PC went into rest mode so I moved the mouse to get the screens to relight and nothing happened. I restarted the PC to find only my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mjs658, Mar 22, 2019.

1. mjs658 Win User

Display 1 isn't active windows 10

Yesterday evening my PC went into rest mode so I moved the mouse to get the screens to relight and nothing happened. I restarted the PC to find only my second monitor was working and acting as my main monitor. Since then I cannot seem to get it to work and on advanced settings of the display settings the monitor that is blank is showing as follows: Display 1 isn't active windows 10 e3aceb18-3111-4dce-b66c-6bb6dcd46820?upload=true.png

Whereas the other monitor displays the specs.

The monitor in question is using display port whereas the one that is working is using DVI (both are plugged directly into the GPU).

So far I have tried:

• using another display port in various ports in the back of the PC
    • using the DVI cable from the working monitor in the monitor that isn't working
    • updating graphics drivers as well as reinstalling them
    • updating the monitor drivers as well as reinstalling them
    • reverting all recently installed windows updates

Another solution I have tried is the recommended 'extend these displays option in the display settings however I was unable to select this option as it will revert straight back to the 'show only on 2' option and display the following error message:

Display 1 isn't active windows 10 ddfad693-ef8b-4509-b6a8-37c4a0d87783?upload=true.png

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

:)

mjs658, Mar 22, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 22, 2019
  3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Display 1 isn't active windows 10 - Similar Threads - Display isn't active

2. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  3. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  4. Display 1 isn't active

Display 1 isn't active: I have a dual monitor set up on windows 11, yesterday suddenly my main monitor is not working. This has happened once before but ended up being a quick fix, not this time.It is not the monitor or cable itself, as it works plugged into my laptop and my other monitor works...
  5. Display 1 isn't active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display 1 isn't active: I have a dual monitor set up on windows 11, yesterday suddenly my main monitor is not working. This has happened once before but ended up being a quick fix, not this time.It is not the monitor or cable itself, as it works plugged into my laptop and my other monitor works...
  6. Display isn't Active in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display isn't Active in Windows 11: Suddenly, after working just fine for weeks, one of my displays no longer works. The display shows up in the Display settings, but when I click Advanced display, it says "Display 2 isn't active." I have two external displays connected to a docking station. When I plug the...
  7. Display isn't Active in Windows 11

Display isn't Active in Windows 11: Suddenly, after working just fine for weeks, one of my displays no longer works. The display shows up in the Display settings, but when I click Advanced display, it says "Display 2 isn't active." I have two external displays connected to a docking station. When I plug the...
  8. Display 1 isn't active running windows 10, blank screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display 1 isn't active running windows 10, blank screen: I am posting a question AND a simple solution in a single post. My daughter’s HP Pavilion Windows 10 laptop suddenly had a black primary screen while the second monitor was working. I tried to add this answer to an existing post, but it is already closed. Try this solution...
  9. Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen on laptop - Display 1 isn't active: I have upgraded to latest version of windows 10 Home 1909 18363.592 and after a reboot the laptop screen has gone black no flickering at all and the external monitor is working fine. I had a few attempts to upgrade and eventually had to do a windows 10 factory restore. No...
  10. Display 1 Not Active

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display 1 Not Active: As of Wednesday this week, the 19th, one of displays is not functioning properly after a windows update. The display goes black and not able to connect via display port but HDMI works fine. I check the settings and it reads the monitor as connected but not active, Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display isnt active

2. display isnt active windows 10

3. display 1 isnt active

4. windows 10 display isnt active,
  5. display 2 isnt active windows 10,
  6. display 1 isnt active windows 10,
  7. windows display isnt active,
  8. display 2 isnt active ,
  9. windows 10 display 1 isnt active,
  10. win 10 display isnt active,
  11. windows 10 display 2 isnt active,