Windows 10: Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

Discus and support Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Diesel_X, May 22, 2022.

1. Diesel_X Win User

Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup Project is set to Display 2 only, the Desktop stutters/lags badly - moving a window around and scrolling is very stuttery and nauseous. For some reason there are the odd occasions when the issue is not present and it is smooth, but this is not often.However when display setup Project is set either to Display 1, or Duplicate, or Extend; then there is no stutter/lag and it is relatively smooth - except for the odd single isolated stutter here

:)

Diesel_X, May 22, 2022
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Display 1 not swappable with Display 2. Why?

Hi Raven,

You can choose from the list of monitors, which screen you want to make as your main display. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop, then select Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select which screen you want to make as the main display.
    • Check Make this my main display, then click Apply.

Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only 9c73e05e-a8bc-42ad-b87f-c77d80cbfc0a.jpg

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, May 22, 2022
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 desktop stuck on display 2

Hello,

It could be that the your Display 2 is set as the main display when you connect multiple displays to your PC. You can set the main display in Windows 10 by following the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then select Settings
      > System > Display.
    • In Display, click Identify to identify your monitors. Your displays should be identified with a number.
    • After identifying your displays, click the number of the display in the
      Display
      settings, then click the check box beside Make this my main display.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, May 22, 2022
  4. snadge Win User

Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

OK... So I've managed to accomplish this - but now the computer thinks my TV (HDMI) is Display 1 and Primary ....and my Monitor (VGA) Display 2 is Secondary?? ..so everything opens up on the TV and all desktop icons are on the TV? I need this reversed - its like I want VGA to be Number 1 and HDMI to be number 2... - even setting "use this as my main display" does not change it too Number 1 or move the icons across etc

guess I will just use Mirror then switch to extended when I want to watch my videos (which when tested, still remained at the correct settings I applied before which was L: [email protected] on the TV)

for those want to know, here is a screenshot:

EDIT: I just want to add...Extended is best than Only on 1 (or 2) as the GPU usage was through the roof for some reason when using GPU intensive DmitriRender Interpolation for videos, it stutters when it cant handle it (hence me wanting 50Hz not 60Hz on TV) - when its extended and I drag the video across and open full screen it acts as normal, but when I use "show on 1" only it stutters playback and GPU usage is much higher???

Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only [​IMG]

snadge, May 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only - Similar Threads - Display stutter set

2. Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I extend Display 1 to Display 2 and duplicate Display 2 to Display 3 ?: I have 3 displays and I would like to be able to extend Display 1 to Display 2 and mirror what is on Display 2 on Display 3. Can I do this?I need this to see the slides on a screen and the slideshow on another screen and on a projector....
  3. How to change show only display 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change show only display 2: I had two moniters in which one i had not used and wanted to use it with my main computer so i bought a vga cable and connected it in the begening it was ok because it was on default extend these display . Next day i set it on only show display 2 and turned off my main...
  4. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only: Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup Project is set to Display 2 only, the Desktop stutters/lags badly - moving a window around and scrolling is very stuttery...
  5. Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display 2 stutter, when set to Display 2 only: Display 2 stutterRef: AORUS 17X-YD with attached external display Samsung 50” QN90B via HDMI 2.1 certified cable.Problem is that when the display setup Project is set to Display 2 only, the Desktop stutters/lags badly - moving a window around and scrolling is very stuttery...
  6. How to reset "show only display 2" setting?

How to reset "show only display 2" setting?: Hey! I've got a PC with Windows 10 and one monitor. I wanted to add a second monitor note that this one's an old 4:3 display w/ VGA cable. I bought an adapter from VGA to HDMI my graph card has 1 HDMI and 3 DP slots, one of the latter is for my main monitor. The first time I...
  7. display only on monitor 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    display only on monitor 2: Setting up new monitor. selected display on monitor 2 only by mistake. Now cannot get back to laptop display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/display-only-on-monitor-2/cb0576fc-21e4-48d0-8e2c-c72bedc4452f
  8. 2 displays

2 displays: I want to hook up 2 computers to the same monitor, using a splitter. I have hooked it up, but cannot get display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-displays/9f3b7112-627d-4883-98f5-0a79784f094a
  9. Show only on display 2 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show only on display 2 does not work: I have a Surface book pro 2 with windows 10 and whenever I want my desktop to only show up on my main display at home (a LG extra wide screen) it goes all black. I have tried both a usb-c to hdmi and a usb-c to displayport connector with the same results. I have used the...
  10. Display won't 'Show only on 2'

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display won't 'Show only on 2': Hi, tldr; The new WQHD (3440 x 1440) monitor I bought yesterday isn't projecting its resolution from my laptop properly. ----- The laptop spec's : Asus ROG STRIX GL702VM-DB74 w/ Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB, 256GB SSD + 1TB, 17.3in FHD, GTX 1060, Win 10 at Memory Express The...