Windows 10: Display Adapter disconnects randomly

Discus and support Display Adapter disconnects randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm duplicating a question asked by katie757 as that thread has been locked, but I may have found a "solution". [ORIGINAL QUESTION] created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darren Gock, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Display Adapter disconnects randomly

Hello,

I'm duplicating a question asked by katie757 as that thread has been locked, but I may have found a "solution".

[ORIGINAL QUESTION] created on January 22, 2020 by katie757

Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter

Laptop connects without any issues and is consistently works.

We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and updated the firmware. Noticed several issues, Laptops disconnected randomly and freezing the computer entirely. Updated drivers on Laptop, re imaged computers, going thru several troublehooting suggestions online, and none have worked. The only thing that we did was update the firmware and changed the name.

I am at a loss as to why the computers a locking up, and disconnecting. Save me,,,,,I cant think what the issues could be

Thanks

[POSSIBLE SOLUTION]

1. Opened my network card properties via Device Manager.

2. Changed the value for the Wireless Mode property to one with only 2.4GHz frequency.

Result: Connection held.

I think this is more a workaround then a solution as previous firmware versions operated fine under the the 5GHz frequency. I hope the next firmware update will correct this. However, how will people who have stopped using the WDA because of this issue ever know about the new release?

Sincerely,

Darren

:)

Darren Gock, Aug 8, 2020
  2. katie757 Win User

Display adapter disconnects randomly

Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter

We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and updated the firmware. Noticed several issues, Laptops disconnected randomly and freezing the computer entirely. Updated drivers on Laptop, re imaged computers,
    going thru several troublehooting suggestions online, and none have worked. The only thing that we did was update the firmware and changed the name.

I am at a loss as to why the computers a locking up, and disconnecting. Save me,,,,,I cant think what the issues could be

Thanks

katie757, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Display adapter disconnects randomly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with connecting Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to the PC, as the PC freezes and starts crashing.

One of the things that I can suggest you is turning of Fast Startup and see if you are facing the same issue.

1. Press Windows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do, and click
      Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    5. Click on the checkbox for Turn on fast startup.
    6. Click Save changes.

You may also want to refer the article
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

In addition, you can also provide a feedback regarding this issue through

Feedback Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this for you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 8, 2020
  4. katie757 Win User

Display Adapter disconnects randomly

Microsoft Display Adapter disconnects randomly

We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and updated the firmware. Noticed several issues, Laptops disconnected randomly and freezing the computer entirely. Updated drivers on Laptop, re imaged computers,
    going thru several troublehooting suggestions online, and none have worked. The only thing that we did was update the firmware and changed the name.

Thanks

katie757, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Display Adapter disconnects randomly

1. Display Adapter disconnects randomly - Similar Threads - Display Adapter disconnects

2. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  3. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting: My internet keeps randomly disconnecting throughout the day. Its a Dell Windows 10Pro 22H2 - Dell Precision 5770 with Network Adapter: Realtek USB Gbe Family Controller Ethernet. I tried these steps below, no resolution yet:One thing I noticed, everytime the internet randomly...
  4. Internet Randomly Disconnects: Ethernet Network Adapter Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless display adapter disconnects

Wireless display adapter disconnects: Hi,I am facing issues with this item.I am using it on a PC Samsung 8 years old running Windows 10.It disconnect after 5 or 10 or15mn. Not always the same time.I have updated all drivers and also the adapter but without success.BUT this adapter works perfectly with my Android...
  6. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect: Hello, I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with remote desktop and it is connevted with an ethernet cable to my router. Every couple of days it seems that the computer...
  7. 3rd Display Disconnects Randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd Display Disconnects Randomly: I have a setup of 3 displays and the TV keeps disconnecting randomly. I don't know why this happens, but it does and the only thing that works is unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI into the graphics card. The problem is not with the TV, as all of the other inputs never do...
  8. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  9. Microsoft Display Adapter disconnects randomly

Microsoft Display Adapter disconnects randomly: Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter Laptop connects without any issues and is consistently works. We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and...
  10. Display adapter disconnects randomly

Display adapter disconnects randomly: Dell Laptop 7400 2n1 and connecting to an Epson 595wi projector installed with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter Laptop connects without any issues and is consistently works. We proceeded to install district wide, we started to name them per the room they were going in, and...