Windows 10: Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen

Discus and support Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 display adapter and Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 chipset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShreyasShinde, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 display adapter and Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1 chipset driver. The screen go black after the Windows loading screen. I went into safe mode and disabled the display adapter driver to see if it was the problem, and I think it is because the computer started up normally once it was disabled. What can I do to fix this? I have Windows 10 OS which is working fine for 1 year. But 1 day while using laptop i get blue screen error irql_not_less_or_equal error after automatic repair window cant find essue and

:)

ShreyasShinde, Jul 23, 2021
  2. WJB2 Win User

Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?

Well, MrGeek, it unfortunately brought back the very same driver version. RATS! I did not select "delete driver software," which I believe was correct.

Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen [​IMG]

Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen [​IMG]

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 23, 2021
  4. WJB2 Win User

Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen

Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?

For the below pictured 2012 ACER All-In-One, Windows 10 updates crash repeatedly with the black screen as shown. Setup automatically rolls back following a hard shut down.* Disconnecting power and waiting hours will occasionally let the setup continue, but only briefly until another black screen or a freeze at 81 percent is followed by rollback. This scenario dates back to the initial Windows 10 build through the current 10.0.16299.15 -- Fall Creators Update 1709.* Black screen and other freezes occur with the internal Windows Updater, the Media Creation Tool (MCT), or DVD-based ISO created from the MCT. Up to now I've always managed after many frustrating hours stretching to days to pull in each update.* But 1709 is proving relentlessly difficult.

In the photo above no HDD activity is indicated, only power and networking indicators. There are multiple potential causes for such a black screen during Windows Updates but Microsoft's stated leading culprit is the display adapter. The adapter can reportedly become an upgrade blocker. The recommendation is to either update the video card driver to the latest version or to uninstall the video card driver.
    My question for the forum: This unit, an Aspire Z1620-UR31P, has whatever video chip integrated into either the motherboard or the CPU. Mine is Intel HD Graphics. I pressed Windows key + X > Device Manager > Display Adapters, and selected update for that adapter.* The report came back that the best driver is currently in use.* So, dare I select Disable Device or Uninstall Device, or am I seeking more trouble?* Keep in mind the freeze at 81 percent is frequent and suggests multiple issues.* In the photo below note how the circle has disappeared and all is frozen with only power light on.* (FYI I turned off WiFi in this attempt, obviously to no benefit.)

Any inputs most welcome.* Black screen troubleshooting is hell.* I will note that this Z1620 is my leisure unit.* My more capable ACER Aspire E1 (laptop) updates cleanly and smoothly for every Windows 10 update.* But I do media consulting and prefer having a Windows-based backup unit.

Thema:

Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen

1. Display adapter driver causes screen to go black after Windows loading screen - Similar Threads - Display adapter driver

2. Computer Screen goes black after boot up loading screen. Starts properly if display adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Screen goes black after boot up loading screen. Starts properly if display adapter...: My computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and recently my screen suddenly went black randomly. Whenever I boot my computer, the screen goes black after the Asus loading screen. I can boot in safe mode and when I disable my display adapter it will boot normally, just with a...
  3. Computer Screen goes black after boot up loading screen. Starts properly if display adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Screen goes black after boot up loading screen. Starts properly if display adapter...: My computer has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 and recently my screen suddenly went black randomly. Whenever I boot my computer, the screen goes black after the Asus loading screen. I can boot in safe mode and when I disable my display adapter it will boot normally, just with a...
  4. Computer Screen goes black after boot up loading screen. Starts properly if display adapter...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after windows loading screen

Black screen after windows loading screen: Hi, My pc won't load past the loading screenwindows 10 logo and circling dots when i boot it up as and all i get is a black screen. I recently bought a new gpu GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti with a HDMI and 3 DP pisplayport. My monitor has a vga cable so i use a DP to VGA...
  6. Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after Windows Loading Screen: Hey Guys, after the Windows loading screen with the rotating circle, I only get a black screen... I already started windows in save mode and disabled all startup-programs etc. but it didn't work... after that, I tried to start Windows in a clean boot, but after I shut down...
  7. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  8. Display driver causing black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver causing black screen: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...
  9. Black screens after loading Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screens after loading Windows: When I have two displays connected windows loads into black screen and my displays say there is no signal, and the PC is on and I can hear windows in the background. But windows will work and display work with only one display connected, with either display....
  10. Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update Black Screen Failures Caused by Display Adapters?: For the below pictured 2012 ACER All-In-One, Windows 10 updates crash repeatedly with the black screen as shown. Setup automatically rolls back following a hard shut down.* Disconnecting power and waiting hours will occasionally let the setup continue, but only briefly until...