Windows 10: Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen

Discus and support Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've replaced my broken notebook screen a couple of days ago and since then I can't use it except when forcing Microsoft Basic Display Adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ricardo AdS, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen

Hi,

I've replaced my broken notebook screen a couple of days ago and since then I can't use it except when forcing Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver to be installed instead of the latest version of the previously installed Intel UHD Graphics 620.

I disabled, uninstalled, reinstalled etc. all possible drivers and combinations but every time this "correct" driver is loaded the screen goes black. I know it's ON because it's detected on Advanced Display - I can see that using my external monitor, connected via HDMI, but the resolution is wrongly detected and impossible to change so... it doesn't work.

I had a BOE NV156FHM-N35 screen and I've replaced it with the same but more recent version BOE NV156FHM-N45, exactly same specs and connection type.

Long story short, if using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver, the computer can't recognize anything else connected via HDMI, if using latest Intel driver the primary monitor doesn't show any image and boot sequence gets constantly interrupted (need to restart it a few times in order to see something on the 2nd screen and login).

Dell Inspiron 7570 / Windows 10 / Windows Version 1909 (OS built 18363.535)

Any helpful ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Ricardo AdS, Dec 12, 2019
  2. barirw Win User

MS Display Adapter

I just replaced my MS Display Adapter with a new one and my computer will not detect it. I replaced it thinking it was defective but apparently it is not the adapter causing the problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

barirw, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen

Display adapter issue after updating from 7 to 10

Hi Marty,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue doesn't get resolved, use these steps:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
        at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>
        Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose
        Enable Safe mode with networking.

Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen

1. Display Adapter issue after replacing defective notebook screen - Similar Threads - Display Adapter issue

2. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter: I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB...
  3. display adapter issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display adapter issue: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_3FF11458&REV_A1\4&1C3D25BB&0&0019 with the following status: 0...
  4. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: Hi there, hope someone can help me out. Im currently using my old Alienware M11x R1 and decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Install was xonpleted and working though the iasue is with my display driver. Nvidia 335m and my Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family will not...
  5. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: So, I recently installed a new hard drive to use as my OS drive. After installing Windows 10 64-bit, I haven't been able to get my graphics card to show up in Device Manager, I only have the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Trying various drivers for my card from the NVIDIA...
  6. Display Adapter or Monitor issue after replacing notebook screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Adapter or Monitor issue after replacing notebook screen: Hi all, I've replaced my broken notebook screen a couple of days ago with the correspondent available model and since then I basically can't use it except when forcing Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver to be installed instead of the latest version of the previously...
  7. Display Adapter issue on a newly replaced Dell notebook screen

Display Adapter issue on a newly replaced Dell notebook screen: Hello, I've accidentally broken my notebook screen last week and I've bought the same model in order to replace it myself (since I know how to do it), but because it's no longer under production I was given the same "replacement" model from the manufacturer, which makes...
  8. Microsoft Display Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Display Adapter Issues: I have been having issues with a few aspects of this app. 1. When I open up the action center and click on connect, the action center disappears and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. 2. When I go into my settings and click on system settings, the settings app...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue: Hello :) I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 64 bit on my Lenovo Y520, everything was okay until I had to update my Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics 630, after this update my screen went black and can only be fixed if I boot in safe mode and roll back the...
  10. Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display adapter not being recognised, black screen issue.: Hi all, Upon upgrading to w10 I encountered the black screen issue. When plugging in another screen to the HDMI adapter on my laptop the display appears working perfectly. The laptop screen only shows anything during boot, as soon as the system starts it sits with a black...