Windows 10: Display Adapter Issue

Discus and support Display Adapter Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I recently installed a new hard drive to use as my OS drive. After installing Windows 10 64-bit, I haven't been able to get my graphics card to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanikaDiskord, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Display Adapter Issue

So, I recently installed a new hard drive to use as my OS drive. After installing Windows 10 64-bit, I haven't been able to get my graphics card to show up in Device Manager, I only have the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Trying various drivers for my card from the NVIDIA site have led to no avail, as it all comes up as the driver is incompatible with this version of Windows. I have tried again and again with the version of Windows I have and get the same message. What can I do to fix this as I'm trying to get my two monitor setup going again and gaming as well?

:)

DanikaDiskord, Mar 4, 2021

2. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Display Adapter Issue

Issue with connecting Dual monitor with Wireless Display Adapter

Hi Penny Wells,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when things do not work as they should. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. What is the model of the TV?

This issue can occur if there is pending firmware update or the issue with the drivers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and let us know about the results:

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Method 2: Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

If method 1 doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting Wireless
    Display Adapters
    refer the steps ‘Having trouble connecting your device to the adapter?’

Note: The above article contains steps regarding Firmware update.
    Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Display Adapter Issue

1. Display Adapter Issue - Similar Threads - Display Adapter Issue

2. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  3. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  4. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter: I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB...
  5. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter: I have encountered some serious issues with my laptop recently. Since Samsung stopped manufacturing laptops so it was pretty disappointing to know that there was no support available for my laptop.Laptop Model: Samsung NP550P5C-T02AEGraphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2 GB...
  6. Issues with Nvidia Display Adapter

7. display adapter issue

display adapter issue: Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F06&SUBSYS_3FF11458&REV_A1\4&1C3D25BB&0&0019 with the following status: 0...
  8. Display Adapter Issue

Display Adapter Issue: Hi there, hope someone can help me out. Im currently using my old Alienware M11x R1 and decided to upgrade to Windows 10. Install was xonpleted and working though the iasue is with my display driver. Nvidia 335m and my Mobile IntelR 4 Series Express Chipset Family will not...
  9. Microsoft Display Adapter Issues

Microsoft Display Adapter Issues: I have been having issues with a few aspects of this app. 1. When I open up the action center and click on connect, the action center disappears and nothing happens no matter how long you wait. 2. When I go into my settings and click on system settings, the settings app...
  10. Basic Display Adapter Issue

Basic Display Adapter Issue: I have a problem with my newly upgraded old laptop to windows 10 pro. The display is not good, the video is fragmented and sometimes freezing. I have checked all the drivers in the device manager and updated all but still no changes. In the display adapter the driver is named...