Windows 10: Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Discus and support Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Re: windows 10 64 bit - most recent update Recently I fixed a problem of File Explorer not working by updating the display driver for NVIDIA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LawrenceKlein, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Re: windows 10 64 bit - most recent update

Recently I fixed a problem of File Explorer not working by updating the display driver for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560. While uninstalling the old driver driver I noticed a yellow exclamation point symbol on NVIDIA in Device Manager. The device Properties tab showed this message:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I downloaded and installed the newest NVIDIA driver software. There was a newer version than the one I had.
    After restarting computer File Explorer was working, but the yellow symbol and the message remain.
    Is this a known issue with Windows 10 and this Display adapter? Could the problem be the NVIDIA display adapter hardware? Thank you for any recommendations you may have.

:)

LawrenceKlein, Aug 10, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Creion Win User

Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

MS Wireless Display Adapter - "Driver Error"

Hi,

I cannot connect to my MS Wireless Display Adapter. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. The message in the Wireless Display Adapter App is "Driver Error".

In Device Manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling ..

Running Windows 10 with the latest updates on a Surface Book with a display adapter firmware 2.0.8350

Thanks

Creion, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

1. Display Adapter message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported... - Similar Threads - Display Adapter message

2. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43: I'm on windows 11 and I'm using a AMD RadonTM Graphics. There is a yellow warning sign next to it. I've tried restarting and turning my pc off, but it still comes back....
  3. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43: I'm on windows 11 and I'm using a AMD RadonTM Graphics. There is a yellow warning sign next to it. I've tried restarting and turning my pc off, but it still comes back....
  4. windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. code 43: Hi everyone!I have a qualcomm atheros ar956x network adaptor with bluethooth.But since I installed windows it won't work anymore, before on ubuntu it worked just fine.In device manager there is a ! symbol next to the adaptor. when I remove the adaptor and search for new...
  5. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43: Hi, After installing windows 11 i lost graphic card setting. Display setting is grayed out at 1024*768.Steps i have tried so farInstalled all window updatestried updating drivers with windows updatestried installing drivers from AMD websitebut no luck : please help me. I have...
  6. Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: My Mediatek Bluetooth driver is disabled and has a caution sign on it in the device manager. Opening its properties shows the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". The effect is that my Bluetooth does not work and the Bluetooth...
  7. Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: My Mediatek Bluetooth driver is disabled and has a caution sign on it in the device manager. Opening its properties shows the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". The effect is that my Bluetooth does not work and the Bluetooth...
  8. Error Code 43 on Display Driver - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 43 on Display Driver - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: Hello, Today morning I found my laptop's graphic card Nvidia is not running, it gave an error code 43, I tried uninstalling, enabling, disabling, reinstalling drivers, updating windows, system restore, etc... nothing fixed it. So I started to look it up more and found some...
  9. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43: My blue tooth is not working. It will not turn on. In fact, it won't even give me the option to turn it on. I am in no way a computer expert so I have been searching around for solutions to my problem and none of the methods have worked. I have tried restarting my computer,...
  10. Graphics card has an issue "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

Graphics card has an issue "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: I just recently re intalled windows and grapics card seems to be having an issue. Driver wise , I have latest driver installed I tried rolling back and it didnt help, card stop being visible in device manager I'm also get following message : Device...