Windows 10: Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update

Discus and support Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing the 2004 update started 8/6/2020, continuing 8/7, neither of my graphics cards is recognized and my second monitor is not detected. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilKnause, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update

After installing the 2004 update started 8/6/2020, continuing 8/7, neither of my graphics cards is recognized and my second monitor is not detected. I have fixed this before by deleting the devices in Device Manager and then re-booting. I tried that, and the Windows update was uninstalled. Is this a known issue? Is there a solution. I have an Intel HD graphics display adapter and an nVidea GeForce GT 525M.

:)

PhilKnause, Aug 7, 2020

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Display adapter issue after updating from 7 to 10

Hi Marty,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue doesn't get resolved, use these steps:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
        at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>
        Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose
        Enable Safe mode with networking.

Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update

Win10 doesn't know my (compatible) display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Run the hardware and devices

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall display adapter.

Follow the steps to update the display adapter:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Double-click on the Display Adapter.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall the Display adapter from the Manufacturer's Website and see if it helps.
    Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update

1. Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Display adapters recognized

2. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  3. My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My display adapter is not recognizing the dedicated graphics card. the the graphics adapter...: Certainly! Here's the revised version with the grammatical errors corrected: Hey there, I use an ASUS A15 laptop. The dedicated graphics card is an NVIDIA 3050 4GB. I've been playing a lot of Witcher 3 and realized that the game is acting super laggy. I went to update my...
  4. What is the fix for the Wireless Display Adapter App not recognizing the adapter on 2...

What is the fix for the Wireless Display Adapter App not recognizing the adapter on 2...: The App does not recognize a new WDA unit when direct connected via USB on 2 separate laptops. The laptops will only briefly connect to it when HDMI attached to a TV via the Action Center Cast button - but it always fails with a brief connect-screen flash-disconnect cycle TV...
  5. AFTER UPDATE TO WIN 10 - 'DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED' NOTIFICATION PERSISTS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AFTER UPDATE TO WIN 10 - 'DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED' NOTIFICATION PERSISTS: Any idea why I keep seeing this? It's been going on for over a year -since long before I upgraded to Win 10- and It affects nothing that I've detected so far. 'Troubleshoot' does nothing and every time I click 'Remove Device,' it auto-downloads repeatedly within a day or so...
  6. AFTER UPDATE TO WIN 10 - 'DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED' NOTIFICATION PERSISTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AFTER UPDATE TO WIN 10 - 'DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED' NOTIFICATION PERSISTS: Any idea why I keep seeing this? It's been going on for over a year -since long before I upgraded to Win 10- and It affects nothing that I've detected so far. 'Troubleshoot' does nothing and every time I click 'Remove Device,' it auto-downloads repeatedly within a day or so...
  7. AFTER UPDATE TO WIN 10 - 'DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED' NOTIFICATION PERSISTS

8. New Windows 10 doesn't recognize my display adapter

New Windows 10 doesn't recognize my display adapter: I just installed a complete new Windows 10 on my i7 desktop PC. Not voluntarily, Windows managed to frag my system drive and there wasn't an option. Now the OS does not recognize my graphics adapter. I don't recall the make and model, but it easily handled two monitors via...
  9. "FIXED" - Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update

"FIXED" - Display adapters not recognized after Win 10 update: UPDATE 8/7/2020 - I went through the whole 4-update routine again had to leave the 4th update running but incomplete at 11 p.m. - still had no display adapters. When I got up this morning, both monitors were enabled and both graphic adaptors were listed in Device Manager....
  10. Proper display and adapter not being recognized

Proper display and adapter not being recognized: Hello all, I typically use my laptop plugged into an ultrawide high resolution and high refresh rate monitor. I unplugged my laptop to take it with me on a family vacation and I haven't been able to play any games or other apps on the laptop since doing so. When I go...