Windows 10: Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...

Discus and support Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear community, I'm having issues with my display adapters, I used the whocrashed tool to try and figure out the problem. I have also been updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Felix Aboagye, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...

Dear community,

I'm having issues with my display adapters, I used the whocrashed tool to try and figure out the problem. I have also been updating my drivers ever since I started having the problem and I still happen to get the bsod thread stuck in device drivers when using netflix or watching a movie with the default tv&movies app.

One thing to note though is this doesn't happen when I'm using the microsoft display adapters

I have already run the sfc/scannow in cmd prompt but it didn't find any issues.

Below is the crash analysis.

Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -... 365856d1-26df-48d9-b5b5-7dc8f0549b31?upload=true.png

:)

Felix Aboagye, Nov 2, 2020
  2. johnptd Win User

Constant BSODs

1. Are you using an XBox 360 Game Controller? The topmost item from BlueScreenView list refers to xusb22.sys possibly causing the BSOD. This driver is related to that device.

2. Further down there is another reference to dxgmms2.sys. There appear to be a number of reports of issues with this driver using games with a nVidia video card on Windows 10 although it appears you have an AMD video card.

3. Below that is a BSOD apparently caused by atikmdag.sys which is related to your AMD Radeon video card. You might try getting the latest drivers for your video card and see if that helps.

JohnD

johnptd, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Display adapter issue after updating from 7 to 10

Hi Marty,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try performing "Startup Repair" and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and click on Restart
      from login screen.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Repair and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue doesn't get resolved, use these steps:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
      • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on Restart
        at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>
        Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose
        Enable Safe mode with networking.

Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...

AMD Driver through Windows Update causing BSOD

Hi Christian,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you a query on Windows update causing a blue screen issue on your computer, we would like to know more about this issue to assist you better:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What is the exact BSOD error that you get after the Windows updates installs this AMD driver?

3. What is the KB number of the update causing this issue?

As a work around, we request you to try the steps from this link:

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

Thank you.

Ravinath P, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...

1. Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -... - Similar Threads - Display adapters Video

2. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  3. BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  4. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  5. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  6. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Driver issue causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issue causing BSOD?: Hi,I have a second PC that is pretty old - 10 - 11 years.It had Windows 7 installed and I just got a Windows 10 licence for it.During install it crashed a lot with a BSOD saying KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. It does not give any other details, there is no file name in brackets...
  8. Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver

Constant BSoDs caused by intel display driver: Hello,For the past several months, I've had constant BSoDs caused whenever my Intel Graphics Driver is activated, I get different error messages everytime but the ones I can remember are VIDEO_TDR_MEMORY_FAILURE, dxgkrnl.sys, DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR might not be exactly...
  9. Display adapter causing problem

Display adapter causing problem: Hello, Im taking video lectures on content browser and my display adapters do not support the software. Ive been disabling and enabling the display adapter to use the software and now, I think its causing issues to normal working of the pc gaming and maybe causing damage to...
  10. BSOD Caused By Display Adapter

BSOD Caused By Display Adapter: Alright, I'm not sure exactly where I should post this because I know what is causing my BSOD, I just don't know how to fix it. I got this laptop in February and then around June or July I started getting a BSOD with the "whea uncorrectable error" message on it. I did Google...