Windows 10: display adapters

Discus and support display adapters in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Radeon HD 6700M series graphic card but under the display adapter in device manager it shows 2 driver installed both working correctly. One is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hanovermaxx, Nov 26, 2015.

1. display adapters

I have a Radeon HD 6700M series graphic card but under the display adapter in device manager it shows 2 driver installed both working correctly. One is AMD Radeon HD 6700M series and the other is Intel HD graphics 300. It seems the computer is using the intel driver instead of the Radeon driver Since I have a Radeon card can I delete or disable the intel driver and will that force the computer to use the Radeon card driver

:)

hanovermaxx, Nov 26, 2015
  2. JamesMole Win User

Display adapters

Ok, about three months ago I updated my Lenovo laptop. But the problem was when I logged back in all I had was a mouse and a black screen. After 4 hours I managed to fix it by booting in safe mode and opening 'explorer.exe', yet the problem still continued.
    After every update all I would get would be a black screen and mouse. Facially, my Dad took it down to London, where he works, to get it looked out by his work technician. He installed Lenovo drivers and said the Intel ones weren't compatible with the Laptop,
    and that was great! But yesterday I updated the laptop again to find the same problem. In the Device Manager there where two Display Adapters instead of one and a 'Unknown Device' in the 'Other Devices'. I uninstalled the second Display Adapter and reinstalled
    the Lenovo ones that the technician had installed. I then ran 'explorer.exe' and it was fixed, but how can I prevent this from happening again? I know the problem is extremely unlikely to be fixed and I bet it will happen next time I update my laptop.

So my question is, how can I prevent this?

[ Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Devices
    & drivers ]

JamesMole, Nov 26, 2015
  3. Display Adapters

Uninstall the Intel HD graphics, restart, then update it after the restart then check if you can then adjust the brightness.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 26, 2015
  4. KACI Win User

display adapters

im not sure about this but I seem to remember that laptops will use the Intel chip for general purposes, to save power. It switches to the AMD chip for more intensive graphics but uses more power, so less battery life.

5. swarfega Win User
    I think you need to go into bios screen and disable the intel one as I think thats the onboard graphics chip.

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  6. Thanks for the suggestions will go into bios and see what happens

hanovermaxx, Nov 29, 2015
  7. essenbe Win User
    @KACI is correct. Laptops have switchable graphics. Unless you can do it in BIOS, leave it alone if it is not causing you problems. If you use only your discrete graphics card, you will have a much shorter battery life.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

display adapters

1. display adapters - Similar Threads - display adapters

2. Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working: Hello,I am having some problems with my computer. In Device Manager > display adapters > device status It says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43I don’t even see “GPU” in Task Manager anymore.Second, in settings, windows update, I keep...
  3. Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working: Hello,I am having some problems with my computer. In Device Manager > display adapters > device status It says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43I don’t even see “GPU” in Task Manager anymore.Second, in settings, windows update, I keep...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired: I'm refreshing this thread we already spoke about but nobody was able to find a solution.We have many adapters connected in our company meeting rooms, and we'd like to show customized wallpapers.Right now it's possible to upload just one custom image, but this image is...
  5. Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired

Wireless Display Adapter Custom Wallpapers not working as desired: I'm refreshing this thread we already spoke about but nobody was able to find a solution.We have many adapters connected in our company meeting rooms, and we'd like to show customized wallpapers.Right now it's possible to upload just one custom image, but this image is...
  6. Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in CONTROL PANEL >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in SETTINGS >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  7. Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings

Network Adapters Not Displayed in Advanced Network Settings: I am running Windows 11 23H2 on a Lenovo Think Pad X390.I can see all my Newtork Adapters in CONTROL PANEL >> Network and Sharing Center >> Change Adapter SettingsBut they do not appear in SETTINGS >> Network and internet >> Advanced network settings >> Network adaptersBoth...
  8. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  9. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....: So, my Mac was low on storage and there was something I needed that only Windows had. So I just backed up all important files; and downloaded Windows 10. I've done this multiple times before, everything went perfectly the other times. However; when I tried to run the latest...
  10. Unable to install correct drivers for my CPU; stuck with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not recognize integrated display adapter windows 10 1809