Windows 10: Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

Discus and support Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just recently got an old computer that ran windows 7 but had alot of missing features, and after some fiddling with the software and researching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SoGreatMike, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

I just recently got an old computer that ran windows 7 but had alot of missing features, and after some fiddling with the software and researching different solutions after learning windows 7 lost support, i was able to get it hooked up to the internet via ethernet and installed windows 10 and also factory reset it to make sure i had a clean computer.

Now, the issue i have now hasnt happened before and happened for the first time when i was fiddling with the graphics settings on CS:GO to get it to run smoothly on it when my audio and display cut out. The monitor didnt even recognize that something was plugged into it. This has just happened for the second time after playing a bit of Stardew Valley.

Currently, the PC isnt connected to ethernet and also doesnt have a wifi receiver and again was just converted to windows 10 and then immediately factory reset to clean the drive of any reminants of win 7 or the programs that were on it.

If this is a hardware or software issue, i dont know, but my theory might be hardware because it does get pretty hot and struggles a bit but i dont know how that would affect audio and display. If my theory is correct, then could someone please explain what hardware i need to replace and how i can do so. If it is software, please tell me what drivers or programs are causing it and how to fix it. I would wholeheartedly appreciate your help, as this PC has become a very new passion project of mine.

:)

SoGreatMike, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Alex Win User

Audio is muted after 15-30 minutes of listening to youtube

This one really drives me crazy. Every time I listen music on youtube on my laptop with headsets it somehow gets muted after 15-30 minutes. If I unmute it through the sound control icon in the status bar, it will be muted again in a few seconds. Sometimes changing a track helps me to get another few minutes of uninterrupted audio.

I'm using Win 10, Chrome 58.0.3029.81. I suspect there is a SW that tries to prevent me from long listening period either by monitoring my audio activities, but I can't find anything suspicious in the list of startup/services. Or may be it's something else.

Any recommendations?

3. Windows 10, Windows Audio Service needs to be restarted every 15-30 minutes

I'm on an HP Envy laptop running the latest Windows 10 update.

For a couple months now, I have had the issue where, roughly every 15-30 minutes, whatever device I am currently playing audio out of, be it the integrated speakers, headphones, or hdmi audio output, will suddenly stop. This will only
    happen to whichever device was being used to play the audio. If I attempt to play a test tone from the playback menu, I will get a message saying that the device is already in use by another program, even if everything else I can think of is closed. I have
    found that when this happens, it also causes Youtube videos to stop playing, which cannot continue to be played until both Windows Audio and the browser have been restarted.

For example, if I am playing audio through a tv connected by hdmi, the tv will stop playing music, but if I switch the audio output to my laptop's speakers, it will continue for another 15-30 minutes, before that too fails, and I have
    to restart Windows Audio to get any sound back.

Restarting the computer also fixes the problem temporarily, but it happens again before too long.

Any help would be appreciated.

DanielHilla, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

Turn off the display: 5 minutes; still on 30 minutes later.

Let's start with the obvious, did you click 'Save changes'?

Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

1. Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes - Similar Threads - Display audio stop

2. Pc display disconnets ramdomly after 30 minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc display disconnets ramdomly after 30 minutes of use: So basically my PC is having an issue very strange, works fine for like 30 minutes or so , and then display goes black and the HDMI disconnection sound is heard , it comes back and keeps doing it and mouse cursor becomes laggy as hell , and PC restarts and keep on doing this...
  3. Pc display disconnets ramdomly after 30 minutes of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc display disconnets ramdomly after 30 minutes of use: So basically my PC is having an issue very strange, works fine for like 30 minutes or so , and then display goes black and the HDMI disconnection sound is heard , it comes back and keeps doing it and mouse cursor becomes laggy as hell , and PC restarts and keep on doing this...
  4. Pc display disconnets ramdomly after 30 minutes of use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet for 15 minutes after booting up, and DNS Client uses 30% CPU: Hello everyone, I'm having a very unusual bug on Windows 11When I turn on my computer, it doesn't connect to the internet, the icon on the taskbar looks like it's connected, but no webpage or program has connection.On the meanwhile, Service Host: Network Service - DNS Client,...
  6. USB Ports stop charging after 15 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stop charging after 15 minutes?: hi guys, I have a new DSLR camera, which they equipped with a usb-c connector on the camera's end, great! It's supposed to charge with that plug as well, in fact it does, HOWEVER something funny is happening: When i plug the camera via that cable to my PC, either usb-c to...
  7. HDR option in Display works, but after exactly 30 minutes to dims my screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR option in Display works, but after exactly 30 minutes to dims my screen?: I'm on a desktop PC. My screen dims after 30 mins only when I have HDR ticked. I have unticked everything relating to sleep, hibernate, power saving etc. Only with HDR it does it. How do I stop it? submitted by /u/Vivadrat [link] [comments]...
  8. BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 15-30 minutes of gaming: Hello, hoping someone can help diagnose the cause of recent BSODs. I suspect it is a driver issue as my computer crashes within minutes of running driver verifier. I've tried updating all drivers and bios from the manufacturer's website and a clean install of Windows 10....
  9. This PC My PC Icon stops working after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC My PC Icon stops working after 15 Minutes: My pc this pc icon will bring up all of my drives for around 15 minutes after reboot. After that it just sits there. I have researched and found nothing about this. Short of reinstalling windows I have ran through the repair scenario without any results....
  10. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working after 15 minutes: Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone stops working after 15 minutes