Windows 10: Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Discus and support Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennyK397, Apr 16, 2019.

1. DennyK397 Win User

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

When I want to give or sell my computer to another person, how do I delete or remove the pictures that have been selected in the past for my lock screen and/or display screen wallpaper?

I remove the folder I got them from, but they still show up if I go to Settings, Personalization, Display...

Where are these previously used pictures stored as they are not coming directly from my pictures folder anymore...

:)

DennyK397, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

Windows 10: issue with displaying the photo location on the lock screen

Hi Lizzie,

Regarding your concern about personalizing lock screen, we would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Are you referring to the images which gets saved?
    • Are you trying to show your physical location in Windows 10 lock screen?
    • What steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location

1. Display and Lock Screen Pictures Location - Similar Threads - Display Lock Screen

2. account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen: Hi!account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-is-not-being-displayed-on-windows/329b9838-998e-478a-b8fa-c8e4148eb525
  3. account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen: Hi!account picture is not being displayed on windows lock screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture-is-not-being-displayed-on-windows/329b9838-998e-478a-b8fa-c8e4148eb525
  4. Lock screen displaying pictures from Onedrive!?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen displaying pictures from Onedrive!?: Hi there, Screenshots that I saved to my one drive are appearing on my lock screen. How do I stop this? The folder it should take images for does not contain these files. Thanks, Ben...
  5. Picture on lock screen

Picture on lock screen: How do I change the picture on my lock screen? I did something by accident and changed the picture to something I don't want to see. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-lock-screen/fb1af5ca-bcb7-442f-9498-cb6e2d78dca1
  6. lock screen picture

lock screen picture: The lock screen picture of the Lake within the mountains is depressing me as it looks cold and dangerous and i would hate to be near there , evry time i boot my pc this picture comes on and cannot be deleted, it is really depressing me now i should be able to have a blank...
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Picture Location: [IMG]Hello, Can anyone please advise which city/place this picture was taken at? Windows 10 updated and I cannot find the picture in my app data anymore. Thank you....
  8. lock screen pictures

lock screen pictures: I have windows 10 home edition I turned on windows spot light it comes on for a second and then that rocky cave beach seen pops up so I went to c:/windows/web/screen and found the default lock screen pictures and took control of that folder/file and went into that cave...
  9. Where are the lock screen pictures located?

Where are the lock screen pictures located?: So I want to see all of the lockscreen pictures for Windows 10 but can't find them. Any ideas? 15427
  10. Lock screen picture

Lock screen picture: I have a desktop and laptop, both are Windows 10 Pro, both are version 1607 and both are build version 14393.222 and both are fully updated. So why are the lock screens showing different pictures? On the laptop is show a nice Fall picture and on my desktop is showing some...