Windows 10: display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

Discus and support display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have lowered my resolution as low as it will go and everything looks bad/blurry and still cannot read the text and if i select the zoom in options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by the_real_Mr.G, Sep 11, 2019.

1. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

i have lowered my resolution as low as it will go and everything looks bad/blurry and still cannot read the text and if i select the zoom in options then it makes my OS look horrid and still doesn't fix the problem, here is an example below. nothing works when i mess with settings and even a couple games i have do this. this stuff hurts my eyes and im sure it is causing eye damage trying to read this small text. so microsoft.com how do i fix this? like i said settings do not fix this problem, and as you can see from my image i have lowered my resolution but yet windows is still retarded. im not joking, this sh&t hurts my eyes! display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. 972df139-0876-4561-97a0-92ffda0d0e71?upload=true.png

:)

the_real_Mr.G, Sep 11, 2019

2. Nokia Lumia 930 Text in Apps to small

Hi i recently bought a Nokia Lumia 930, is there a way to change the text size in apps for example on Facebook, I have changed the display to the max zoom and also the ease of access text size to the max, but app text is still small, any suggestions?

Many Thanks

TrishWillow, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Desktop UI Will Not Display Text

I recently updated Windows 10 to the Creator's Edition. The device worked fine and I simply closed the cover of the laptop last night before going to bed. When I opened it this morning and it restarted from hibernation I noticed there was no clock displayed
    on the Task Bar.

Then I noticed there was no text displayed anywhere on the desktop UI. Not on menus, task manager, even powershell. Note that all UWP elements are fine. The start menu and settings menus function just fine, but everything in the "old" desktop
    UI has no text.

Yep, that's Powershell

Task manager is the same. Note that icons display, just no text.

Now desktop applications work just fine. I'm using the machine now with Firefox typing this question, it's just the Windows desktop UI. Again, all "modern UI" elements work just fine as do third party desktop applications.

My assumption is that the system font is somehow corrupt, but how to fix it without access to the UI itself?

DwayneHall, Sep 11, 2019
  4. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

All the programs is displayed in a small size. The font is small and everything is in small size

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted or due to driver conflicts. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Type Settings on the search bar and open Settings.

• Click on System and choose Display.

• You will see change the size of Text, apps, and other items.

• Make changes accordingly and check if it helps. If the issue still persists:

• Click on Advance Display settings

• Change the resolution accordingly and check if it helps.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphic driver and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the graphics drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

1. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. - Similar Threads - display apps programs

2. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way too small . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've learned how, to put. Icon pictures, over folders.For example: Over my folder, of pictures.I have an, icon pictures. Of, a camera.But my view, is set to small icons. So my folders, are small.Which makes the, added icon...
  3. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Way too small . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I've learned how, to put. Icon pictures, over folders.For example: Over my folder, of pictures.I have an, icon pictures. Of, a camera.But my view, is set to small icons. So my folders, are small.Which makes the, added icon...
  4. Way too small . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  6. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small: Version 21H1 OS Build 19043,1526Monitor Driver: Microsoft File Version 10.0.19041.1151 WinBuild. 160101.0800The display is on an AVI switch. The other two machines set the resolution to 1920x1200 This machine sets it to 1280x700 which is the largest in Setting/Display. I...
  7. The Display Resolution Is Way Too Small

8. Text too small or too HUGE

Text too small or too HUGE: I have tried to adjust my text size in the display settings but it is never right. It's always mixed up. Some text will be teeny tiny while other text will be extremely large. Was this caused from a Windows update or what? This is driving me crazy....
  9. Text is too small for some apps, but scaling is good.

Text is too small for some apps, but scaling is good.: Hi I'm having a little issue with the font size. The label under the icons on my desktop, any text in my file explorer, and tabs on google chrome are super tiny. The font size for other apps are fine, it's just these apps so far that have this issue. I like the scaling, so I...
  10. App Windows are WAY too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    App Windows are WAY too Small: I have a two-month old Alienware laptop running Windows 10 at 3840 x 2160 resolution. Both Carbon Poker and Viber (those are the only ones I've seen with the issue so far) appear extremely small. Viber can be maximized, but the text remains the same super small size. Carbon...