Windows 10: display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

Discus and support display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have lowered my resolution as low as it will go and everything looks bad/blurry and still cannot read the text and if i select the zoom in options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by the_real_Mr.G, Sep 11, 2019.

1. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

i have lowered my resolution as low as it will go and everything looks bad/blurry and still cannot read the text and if i select the zoom in options then it makes my OS look horrid and still doesn't fix the problem, here is an example below. nothing works when i mess with settings and even a couple games i have do this. this stuff hurts my eyes and im sure it is causing eye damage trying to read this small text. so microsoft.com how do i fix this? like i said settings do not fix this problem, and as you can see from my image i have lowered my resolution but yet windows is still retarded. im not joking, this sh&t hurts my eyes! display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. 972df139-0876-4561-97a0-92ffda0d0e71?upload=true.png

:)

the_real_Mr.G, Sep 11, 2019

2. Nokia Lumia 930 Text in Apps to small

Hi i recently bought a Nokia Lumia 930, is there a way to change the text size in apps for example on Facebook, I have changed the display to the max zoom and also the ease of access text size to the max, but app text is still small, any suggestions?

Many Thanks

TrishWillow, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Desktop UI Will Not Display Text

I recently updated Windows 10 to the Creator's Edition. The device worked fine and I simply closed the cover of the laptop last night before going to bed. When I opened it this morning and it restarted from hibernation I noticed there was no clock displayed
    on the Task Bar.

Then I noticed there was no text displayed anywhere on the desktop UI. Not on menus, task manager, even powershell. Note that all UWP elements are fine. The start menu and settings menus function just fine, but everything in the "old" desktop
    UI has no text.

Yep, that's Powershell

Task manager is the same. Note that icons display, just no text.

Now desktop applications work just fine. I'm using the machine now with Firefox typing this question, it's just the Windows desktop UI. Again, all "modern UI" elements work just fine as do third party desktop applications.

My assumption is that the system font is somehow corrupt, but how to fix it without access to the UI itself?

DwayneHall, Sep 11, 2019
  4. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

All the programs is displayed in a small size. The font is small and everything is in small size

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted or due to driver conflicts. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Type Settings on the search bar and open Settings.

• Click on System and choose Display.

• You will see change the size of Text, apps, and other items.

• Make changes accordingly and check if it helps. If the issue still persists:

• Click on Advance Display settings

• Change the resolution accordingly and check if it helps.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphic driver and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the graphics drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

display/apps and programs text/UI way too small.

1. display/apps and programs text/UI way too small. - Similar Threads - display apps programs

2. App photos (?) are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    App photos (?) are too small: [ATTACH] So, this has happened with my apps, it happened a couple months ago, i've looked up and watched way too many youtube videos of people trying to fix everything but this problem. If you know how to revert it back to normal, please help a girl out:) thanks!...
  3. Edge Display too small

Edge Display too small: When MS Edge is opened, it is about 25% of the screen. How do I make it bigger whenever it is loaded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-display-too-small/d15bfbea-5944-4302-bc82-87f332c0119b
  4. Icon & System Text size too small

Icon & System Text size too small: I am using Windows 10 on a machine at work. I no longer can change the text size of the icons and system fonts. When I use the Display option to increase by 125%, the fonts are basically unreadable and too large in ArcGIS and several other specialized programs we use. It also...
  5. Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big: Hello, I'm having a problem with some apps where they appear with text with varying sizes, making work very hard or impossible. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have messed with a lot of things on the display options, as well as compatibility issues but I can't solve this question,...
  6. Display scaling at 100% makes apps and letters too small

Display scaling at 100% makes apps and letters too small: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7567. When I first got it, I thought that the apps were too blurry and they were too big, so I fixed it by changing the scaling from 150% (which was the recommended scaling by the system) to 100% and it was perfect. Recently, my notebook suffered...
  7. Some windows sizes and text are too small

Some windows sizes and text are too small: Ever since I received my new Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 Pro, I've had occasional annoying issues with some windows sizes and text being extremely small. I spent weeks trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I've also read a few issues like this from other users who...
  8. Display either too blurry or too small

Display either too blurry or too small: Hello, I just upgraded to windows 10 and it changed my display settings. I am currently using resolution of 1920X1080, and when I switched over, it made a lot of my stuff blurry. For example, my skype screen, steam screen, as well as a bunch of other screens became really...
  9. Logitech Gaming Software UI too small in 4K

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech Gaming Software UI too small in 4K: I am running Windows 10 in 4K resolution and I have made adjustments within windows *compensate for the high-resolution yet the LGS software still remains so small that it is extremely difficult to read the text within the UI. Any advice would be appreciated. [img] 69014
  10. App Windows are WAY too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    App Windows are WAY too Small: I have a two-month old Alienware laptop running Windows 10 at 3840 x 2160 resolution. Both Carbon Poker and Viber (those are the only ones I've seen with the issue so far) appear extremely small. Viber can be maximized, but the text remains the same super small size. Carbon...