Windows 10: Display auto-dim

Discus and support Display auto-dim in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesCheung1, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Display auto-dim

The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on Win10, now I upgraded to Win11, the issue remains. Every time I turn on the display from sleep, shut-down, or restart, the display brightness always decreases or increases to exactly 50%. This is kinda annoying, can someone help?

:)

JamesCheung1, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level.
    The opposite happens when a white background is selected. The stupidest thing, is that, for white it should be dimming and for black, it should be brightening, but microsoft is doing opposite. This is getting slightly harmful to eyes - why doesn't it leave
    it to the user like before? Very noticeable at night. Tried many things like turning OFF Night-light, updating display drivers, night-mode OFF etc etc. Still this is the same. Any idea, to stop this?

siva_scorpio, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Display auto-dim

2600 display dims

Apparently the 2600 display dims after 15 secs and annoyingly cannot be changed. Can anybody suggest what button to press so I get the display back up but not disturb what's on screen? Thanks

macjac---01, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

Display auto-dim

1. Display auto-dim - Similar Threads - Display auto dim

2. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Disable auto-dimming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable auto-dimming: My laptop's screen dims itself automatically due to "inactivity"; it'll happen if I'm watching a video, reading, or even playing a game, but if I don't touch my keyboard or mouse for just a couple of seconds, my display will dim. I've tried going to the power options to...
  5. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  6. Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP

Screen auto dimming on DESKTOP: Been having issues in the recent day with a new issue on my PC, im not to tech saavy, but know basics.... My setup is as follows: VG248qe as main panel Roku tv used as second display via hdmi My issue is is that my second panel and ONLY my second panel dims when...
  7. Auto dim screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  8. Auto dim screen on a desktop?

Auto dim screen on a desktop?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. OneNote App is auto dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote App is auto dimming: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 running Windows 10 1803 and OneNote for Windows 10 (UWP) Version 16001.11727.20076.0 Whenever I maximize OneNote (or make it full screen) the laptop screen dims to 50%. This only happens when I am charging. It does not dim external screens, only the...
  10. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening: I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level. The opposite happens...