Windows 10: Display Automatic Dimming

Discus and support Display Automatic Dimming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pezcandy96, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Display Automatic Dimming

If I try to watch a video on my laptop, the screen will automatically dim its contrast once the mouse icon disappears. How do I get this automatic diming and dulling of the display screen to remain as vibrant as it should be.

:)

Pezcandy96, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Display Automatic Dimming

2600 display dims

Apparently the 2600 display dims after 15 secs and annoyingly cannot be changed. Can anybody suggest what button to press so I get the display back up but not disturb what's on screen? Thanks

macjac---01, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Display Automatic Dimming

1. Display Automatic Dimming - Similar Threads - Display Automatic Dimming

2. Display dim after 20s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display dim after 20s: Hi!Since some update ago my display dims after exactly 20 seconds of inactivity. In fact, it does not dim, this seems to be a software effect. The reason why I make this deduction is because all of the background lowers in brightness but the mouse pointer stays the same...
  3. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Automatic dimming

Automatic dimming: Hello,My screen keeps dimming when I go to dark websites such as Disney plus and settings.I want this to stop, but I don't know how.I have tried to do it in the power plan advanced settings, but no such option exists.Help?...
  7. Unwanted dimming display bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted dimming display bug: Hi all, Recently, when opening a pdf file using MS edge, my display bugs out until I move the cursor: Over 10 seconds, the screen brightness goes down, the saturation goes up, and contract as well it seems, kind of what you'd expect a deep fried meme to look like. Here's...
  8. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  9. Screen display is very dim

Screen display is very dim: A few days ago, I recently received delivery of an Alienware 15 R4 laptop from the Microsoft Store. Just today the screen intermittently would go dim. Now, ever after a fresh reboot, the screen stays dim. It is very difficult to use the laptop with such a dim screen....
  10. Automatic screen dimming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic screen dimming.: This annoys me for some time now. And I tried everything I can, but can't seem to fix it. I reinstalled windows several times (actually, seven times), trying to get an update to not install, but it still got installed. So basically, what's happening is that whenever my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo laptop screen dims automatically