Windows 10: Display / Blank screen

Discus and support Display / Blank screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Screen display is blank. I can tell its back lit and i can ocassionally see my cursor and the swirling blue circle of processing, but i cant see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidWeaver522, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Display / Blank screen

My Screen display is blank. I can tell its back lit and i can ocassionally see my cursor and the swirling blue circle of processing, but i cant see anything else on screen.

:)

DavidWeaver522, Jun 27, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 27, 2020
  4. jhearcht Win User

Display / Blank screen

Display Blank : Analog Input?????

My new PC has a blank screen with the message : 1. Analog input, cannot display this video mode.

I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my new Dell Inspiron. I have an older PC right next to it with WinXP. Both are using Dell flat panel digital displays. After the install I noticed that the default screen resolution made icons much larger than on the old PC with the identical monitor. So I attempted to change the resolution. When I set it at 1280x1024 to match the old screen, the icons were too close to the left edge and partly chopped off. So I reset it at the resolution suggested by Win10 (don't have access to the actual number, due to blank screen) but it was about twice the normal resolution. When it changed to the new resolution, the screen turned black and displayed the message above. Now my PC is unusable.

I don't know if the problem is with "analog input" or the resolution numbers, but I haven't found a way to go back to the original. I tried F2 and F8 and F12 during bootup. but so far found no way to change video display settings. F2 shows various setup options, but nothing about display. Holding F8 during boot-up goes to the blank screen instead of to Boot Manager or Safe Mode. The button on front of monitor does nothing.

I need help to return the display to its original settings. But without being able to see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?

jhearcht, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Display / Blank screen

1. Display / Blank screen - Similar Threads - Display Blank screen

2. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen after Extending display to TV: Whenever I extend display from my desktop/System unit using a USB to VGA cable and a video converter VGA to AV to my TV, My TV remains blank even after installing two USB to VGA drivers...
  3. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen after Extending display to TV: Whenever I extend display from my desktop/System unit using a USB to VGA cable and a video converter VGA to AV to my TV, My TV remains blank even after installing two USB to VGA drivers...
  4. Blank Screen after Extending display to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display going blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display going blank: Monitor goes blank in ~1 sec and lights up if I move the mouse Cursor when I am logged in as myself. If I log in as my wife there appears to be no problem, any suggestions to correct this behavior? I have tried all the sleep and display off settings with no change.If I leave...
  6. display goes blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display goes blank: display screen went blank dark black this has happened before not too often again didnt do nothing for it to happen seems random i pressed the edit button on this site and then screen went blank whats all the things to do and check to see why it's like that maybe graphics...
  7. Blank Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Display: I have windows 10 laptop which i bought 2 days ago. Last night when i was going to **** my laptop off i got the option update and shut down. I did that and after a while my laptop shut down and i went to sleep. The next morning when i turned my device on and tried to work, i...
  8. Display on screen blank

Display on screen blank: Display of laptop wont function, but if I connect an HDMI to the laptop screen shows. All projection options functioningextend to displays, duplicate displays, display screen 2 only all good except for display 1 which is the laptop monitor. Cant see anything in the screen if...
  9. Display problems - black or blank screen

Display problems - black or blank screen: My installation comprises: - 1 ThinkPad X270 laptop main station - 2 ThinkPad P24h-10 monitors connected to the HDMI ports of the docking station - 1 ThinkPad USB-C dock type 40A9 connecting point for the a.m. devices All devices still under warranty. I've been using...
  10. blank display hp650

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blank display hp650: My laptop shows blank screen on boot up while power button and f12 button keeps on blinking. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-display-hp650/49bfefc0-6ec7-4548-a26a-77a138602d56