Windows 10: Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA)

Discus and support Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I don't know what's causing this, I really hope it's not my GPU as that's only a few months old, but the screen will turn black for a second, then come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GuyInDogSuit, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA)

I don't know what's causing this, I really hope it's not my GPU as that's only a few months old, but the screen will turn black for a second, then come back on, while playing various games. Sometimes it won't happen for a few days, other times it does it 3 or 4 times during my hour or two hour-long play sessions. My drivers are up to date, as is GF Experience (not using the betas, either). I've updated since it started and it's still doing it.

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 21, 2019

2. Taskbar keeps blinking while playing games and videos on Windows 10

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the performance on Windows Operating System, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Is this issue confined only while playing the games (any specific game/ video)?
    • Were you able to find any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the display drivers in safe mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to place the computer in Safe mode with Networking.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Contact the device manufacturer website download the drivers.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Issue with display while playing a game

Hi Deb,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with display while playing a game.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• From where did you download the game? Is it from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt display driver.

I suggest you to download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 driver are not available then install latest driver in compatibility mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest display
    driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA)

How do I make games open on the primary display?

I have 3 monitors on a nvidia GTX660Ti, with the latest drivers, on windows 10, upgraded from win7, on a PC that I have been gaming on for quite some time now. The hardware itself has been an excellent gaming rig up until the windows upgrade and/or the
    nvidia driver upgrade, but now a number of my games will not start on the primary display, they start on the first display in the list, which is not marked as primary. Both the windows display settings and the nvidia control panel have my central monitor
    identified as the primary display.

• Has anybody encountered this behavior?
    • Is it likely to be windows 10 related or decided by the nvidia driver?
    • Any suggestions on getting this to behave properly, like it used to, without requiring me to disable the other displays to get the primary to be used?

Les Ferguson, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA)

1. Display blinking occasionally while playing games (NVIDIA) - Similar Threads - Display blinking occasionally

2. Occasional BSOD while Gaming on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional BSOD while Gaming on Windows 11: Hi,I have been playing RuneScape on my laptop and sometimes I encounter BSOD. It's not very common but it happens every few weeks. The computer restarts after each BSOD. No errors are found in sfcscan, chkdsk, etc.I updated my graphic drivers after the BSOD.I have attached...
  3. Occasional BSOD while Gaming on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Occasional BSOD while Gaming on Windows 11: Hi,I have been playing RuneScape on my laptop and sometimes I encounter BSOD. It's not very common but it happens every few weeks. The computer restarts after each BSOD. No errors are found in sfcscan, chkdsk, etc.I updated my graphic drivers after the BSOD.I have attached...
  4. Display blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display blinking: I updated my graphics driver AMD Radeon, and after installation, my laptop restarted. Since then, i am not able to access any folder or software as the display is blinking continuously. I am not able to use my laptop. Please help....
  5. Display blinking

Display blinking: I updated my graphics driver AMD Radeon, and after installation, my laptop restarted. Since then, i am not able to access any folder or software as the display is blinking continuously. I am not able to use my laptop. Please help....
  6. PC Display keeps freezing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Display keeps freezing while playing games: I've been having a problem recently where at random times whenever I play games in windowed or borderless windowed mode my display will keep freezing for a second at specific intervals continuously. Interestingly enough, it is only the display that freezes. The game itself...
  7. PC Display keeps freezing while playing games

PC Display keeps freezing while playing games: I've been having a problem recently where at random times whenever I play games in windowed or borderless windowed mode my display will keep freezing for a second at specific intervals continuously. Interestingly enough, it is only the display that freezes. The game itself...
  8. Display Driver occasionally crashing in specific games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Driver occasionally crashing in specific games: Random freezes followed by a crash occurs in specific games. 2 errors are always produced with each freeze and crash. I have attached a minidump file that I believe is the correct one. Any help I can get is worth an effort. Minidump file:...
  9. Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering display while playing games in Windows 10: Freshly build PC was working fine till May updates. Since then all games were unplayable on 1803. Tried to uninstall updates, reinstall drivers, borrowed few pc parts from a friend - nothing seemed to work. Then at 07.06.2019 I instaled 1903 from Windows Insider program....
  10. Occasional Freezing While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Occasional Freezing While Gaming: Hello, Right, I don't know what's going on anymore. I have just updated my BIOS to 0902 and I'm thinking this will resolve the issue. The issue is that I get occasional freezing during gaming. I have the latest Nvidia graphic's drivers (397.64), installed through "clean...