Windows 10: display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

Discus and support display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop the display box for brightness/contrast from popping up in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryMahaney, Aug 13, 2018.

1. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

How do I stop the display box for brightness/contrast from popping up in Windows 10?

:)

MaryMahaney, Aug 13, 2018

2. Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 13, 2018
  4. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Dear Anup, Greetings and good wishes

Very pleased to see your reply. I have given you the laptop details at the bottom of my reply but first I would like to tell you the result of the above exercise when I followed the steps you mentioned.

The below mentioned sequence of screens appeared. There were no sliders or adjusting options.

• Calibrate display color clicked on same thru cortana.
    • Clicked Next on Display Color Calibration window. No Sliders or adjustment options
    • Clicked Next on Set basic color settings window. No sliders or adjustment options
    • There was no screen for How to adjust gamma so I clicked Next button to continue.
    • When the above fourth step screen was not available to Adjust gamma window prompts. I Pressed
      Next button.
    • Then I saw the Find the brightness and contrast controls display. BUT NO SLIDERS or Adjustment options SO I Tapped on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment still to see what happens.
    • I got the window called How to adjust color balance. without any sliders.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, I hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, I noticed another window Adjust color balance. In this window, I had no option or sliders to adjust the primary colors in fact there the strips had no red,
      blue or green colors except black and grey strips so I pressed the
      Next button.
    • Finally, I clicked the Finish button.
    IN ALL THE ABOVE STEPS I COULD NOT FIND ANY SLIDERS OR ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS ALL SCREENS WERE GREY WITH INSTRUCTIONS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.

My Laptop Details
    Make: HP, Model: G42 477TU Note book (Laptop), Processor: Intel (R) core(TM) i5CPU M480 @2.67GHz, RAM: 4GB, System Type: 64-bit operating system,x64 based processor. The keyboard came installed with the Laptop and couldn't find any specifications or types
    written on the keyboard pad. As iam novice to technicalities it willbe great to learn from you if you can guide me find the same.
    Before ending my feed back I would like to give you a piece of information if etal it is linked to my problem. When I tried the windows update it says it cannot update Intel(R) HD Graphics due to Error 0x800f0203 although it was available. I tried this
    update several times but got the same error message.
    Looking forward to your reply ASAP.

[*]

Sriniwas SharmaGunttur, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

1. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up. - Similar Threads - display box brightness

2. When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display brightness sliders keep popping up on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display brightness sliders keep popping up on the...: When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display sliders keep popping up on the screen when I move the trackpad.I think it happens most then I sweep the mouse towards the top lever of the screen.This is a new Lenovo Ideapad Pro with Win 11.Doesn't happen when I connect from...
  3. When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display brightness sliders keep popping up on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display brightness sliders keep popping up on the...: When in Citrix Receiver the Volume and Display sliders keep popping up on the screen when I move the trackpad.I think it happens most then I sweep the mouse towards the top lever of the screen.This is a new Lenovo Ideapad Pro with Win 11.Doesn't happen when I connect from...
  4. Small White Box Keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small White Box Keeps popping up: A small white box keeps popping up on my screen after a windows update. I sought the helps of MS Tech who reinstalled the drivers of my graphics. After i restarted the problem is still there. It keeps popping up now and again and covers part of the screen. Kindly advise. It...
  5. pop up box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop up box: I have a pop up box continually appearing over whatever I am doing ,....C\:\windows\System32\cmd.exe I need to know how to stop this ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-box/93c55807-9786-4a82-a7b5-acfa7328ea45
  6. The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    The display brightness and contrast change in battery mode: So I have been harassed by this problem for quite a while. When my surface pro is not plugged in, and I open some software which has night mode (or even just open a Chrome tab with a whole screen size black image), then the screen brightness is going down and the contrast is...
  7. how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen: how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-a-brightnesscontrast-box-that/c6db69d8-5b03-420b-af75-9a9950cb4acf
  8. RunDLL error box keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RunDLL error box keeps popping up: [ATTACH] What is this and why do I keep getting it so many times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error-box-keeps-popping-up/a35074db-4654-42ba-95f7-b1f4904fa4b6"
  9. Pop up box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up box: Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault. So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and...
  10. preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    preload.js dialog box keeps popping up: preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty. thanks 52720

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness contrast popup windows

2. pop up window contrast

3. windows 10 brightness slider keeps popping up

4. brightness/contrast window keeps popping up,
  5. How to remove the box brightness/contrast that keeps popping up on my screen,
  6. contrast brightness box,
  7. why does my brightness box keep popping up,
  8. why does the contrast/brightness Icon keep popping up.