Windows 10: display brightness cannot be changed

Discus and support display brightness cannot be changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EldhoseJose, Jul 7, 2020.

1. display brightness cannot be changed

I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap

:)

EldhoseJose, Jul 7, 2020
  2. hake Win User

Display brightness control cannot be found

I am using Windows 10 Pro 2004 on a Dell 270S mini-tower PC. Neither Windows 10 nor the Intel driver software provide a brightness control. The issue was also with Windows 10 1909. I have a hunch that Microsoft and Intel each thought that the brightness control would be provided by the other. I simply cannot find it.

The display adaptor device is only described as 'HD Graphics' using Intel driver 10.18.10.5059 dated 16 June 2018.
    The display screen is a Dell P2212H(Analog).

If anyone has any suggestions where to look for a brightness control, apart from the one on the display monitor control panel, I would be delighted to know about it.

hake, Jul 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hi, volumouse (free) offers brightness control with the scroll wheel + 1 key. Steps are configurable:

display brightness cannot be changed [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

display brightness cannot be changed

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

display brightness cannot be changed

1. display brightness cannot be changed - Similar Threads - display brightness cannot

2. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  3. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  4. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't change display brightness

Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  6. cannot change the brightness.

cannot change the brightness.: The screen is very dark and I am unable to locate any brightness adjustment. Working on a Lenovo 520 monitor Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-the-brightness/720a47e5-0e2e-4e28-b4bb-b8ee36edbf9b
  7. Unable to change display brightness

Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  8. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  9. I cannot change my screen/display brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot change my screen/display brightness: Dear readers, I recently updated my windows os to the latest update, and I cannot seem to change my brightness setting. I tried everything that I read online, from uninstalling and restarting my display drivers to trying to use 3rd party apps with no avail. I also tried to...
  10. Cannot Change Brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Change Brightness: My device was on hold for the 1903 Update, recently the update arrived but since updating I am unable to change the brightness and brightness slider is also missing. Night Light also does not work and toggling the night light option does not activate it. Windows 10 Pro...